Funny Republican Party Phone Solicitation

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I got a phone call yesterday from the Republican Party. I looked at the caller ID, but answered it anyway.

Caller: "Hello. I'm calling on behalf of the Republican Party. Could I please speak to Mr. Anakin Koenig?"

Me: "why?"

Caller: "we wanted to encourage him to register to vote and ask for a contribution to the Party."

Me: "He's only four. I don't think he's eligible to vote."

Caller: "Sorry for the inconvenience. Are you registered?"

Me: "Yes. I'm voting for the other guy."

Caller: "Sorry to bother you. Have a good night."

Throughout this phone call, I'm trying to contain my laughter... you see, Anakin is my CAT! I guess they must've bought the pet microchip registry and mixed up pet names and people names or something. Perhaps a few other pet owners will get funny phone calls before they figure it out. "hello, is Mr. Fido Lastname there?" ROFLMAO!!!

bgb

Orange Belt
Reaction score
LOL!

Anakin probably votes for the underDOG in most races. Or, if he's crazy about stalking though the grass like my cat, perhaps he votes Green.

When my younger son was six years old he recieved a credit card application. I thought about filling it out honestly and seeing what happened but, alas, I didn't.

bgb

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:lool:

Ah, the legend of the Bush/Quayle era continues...Some can't talk, some can't spell, and some want animals to vote for them - and they complain about aliens voting??? sheesh.

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
Man, they're getting desperate when they start soliciting pets for votes.

My wife had a cat who got a credit card in the mail...with a higher credit limit than hers.

Regards,

Steve

S

Spud

My dog gets all sorts of interesting offers for SCUBA vacations since I subscribed him to a diving magazine. Wanted to see how far they sell their subscription lists.

[font=&quot]Last election cycle I worked the phones for the Mayor’s race (nonpartisan – in title at least). Seems like all candidates were working off the registered voter lists. It as really awkward calling people only to find out that voter died months earlier and you were speaking to their widow. We did update our database for dead people and those who did not want to be contacted. Doubt if that made it back to the county recorder and they will continue to be pestered as long as they are registered. [/font]

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:rofl::rofl::rofl: Stop, stop! You're killin' me!!