Full contact performance (early 20s vs late 20s)

Draco90x

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hello everybody.

I have been doing full contact similar to kick boxing for 5 years from 20 years old untill about 25 years old.

Since ive gone through some mental problems i quit since i was 26 untill now that am 29.
I gained extra weight . 130 kg for 1m90 height . i guess i shoud be around 90 kgs.

My trainer said that i have a heavy bone mass , i dont know how this can affect my normal weight. But when i was in mid training at 22 years old i weighed 90 kg.

Dont know if i should weight more in my current age.

So my question is shoud i talk to my trainer. Or there is some ways to gradually get back in shape and specially to normal weight ?

Also does performance change with aging specially in the 20s age range. ?

I can upload a picture if you want to know my physic . I think i am a mesomorph in "phat mode" lolz

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hello everybody.

I have been doing full contact similar to kick boxing for 5 years from 20 years old untill about 25 years old.

Since ive gone through some mental problems i quit since i was 26 untill now that am 29.
I gained extra weight . 130 kg for 1m90 height . i guess i shoud be around 90 kgs.

My trainer said that i have a heavy bone mass , i dont know how this can affect my normal weight. But when i was in mid training at 22 years old i weighed 90 kg.

Dont know if i should weight more in my current age.

So my question is shoud i talk to my trainer. Or there is some ways to gradually get back in shape and specially to normal weight ?

Also does performance change with aging specially in the 20s age range. ?

I can upload a picture if you want to know my physic . I think i am a mesomorph in "phat mode" lolz
where to start, its generally held that males hit their peak in their mid to late 20, for how long depends on the sport, but usually to the mid thirties, your considered past it in most things by the time your hit forty. but decline is a very personal thing and it depends heavily on what aspects of fitness are important to that sport and how you look after yourself.

so to answer your question you are more or less at the optimum age for physical performance and of course you can reasonably quickly recover a substantial amount of fitness. quite possibly a lot more than you had 7 years ago

the weight thing is complex, your 22 year old 90 kg probably included as greater degree of muscle mass than your current 130 kg self, so you cant really make any useful comparisons, but train hard( progressive but hard )and your muscle mass will increase and your body fat level will decrease, then you can asses the situation as to what your fighting weight should be, as long as your strong enough to move what ever mass you have about quickly, your about right. but your body will auto adjust to the new regime anyway

Last edited:
OP
Draco90x

Draco90x

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thanks jobo for the advice.

The weight thing is a bit tricky.
I have a Bmi of 36.5. h 1.90m w 130kg

So i dont know my real safety weight considering the heavy bone mass that my first trainer noticed.

My age is exactly 29 years and a half.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Thanks jobo for the advice.

The weight thing is a bit tricky.
I have a Bmi of 36.5. h 1.90m w 130kg

So i dont know my real safety weight considering the heavy bone mass that my first trainer noticed.

My age is exactly 29 years and a half.
the weight thing will resolve its self in a few months of training and sensible eating

36 is a bit on the portly side, but I've got a BMI of 29 and I'm a thin as a rake , most of it is muscle and heavy bones. its largly a meaningless measure with out context.

just go train and see where you are in 6 months

OP
Draco90x

Draco90x

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I appreciate your point of view mate.