Full Contact No Armor Event!

[email protected]

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Many people talk about it, some may try it but here is your opportunity to do it!

Sayoc Fighting Systems Presents a Full Contact Stick Fighting “No Armor” Event!

Weekend of October 16th, in upstate Pennsylvania.

This is an open invitation to fight, all styles are welcome, no spectators participants only! Challenge yourself, to a No rules, full contact Stick fight. Matches will end when either you or your opponent is knocked out, or submits.

NO ARMOR is allowed only a mouthpiece, and protective cup.

Rattan sticks between 1"-2" in diameter 30" long

If there is enough interest a similar event can be held at your location!!

For more information go to www.Sayoc.com, and reply to the similar post on the forum.

Gumagalang
Guro Steve L.

Seigi

Blue Belt
Reaction score
WOW!!!
:whip:

GOOD-LUCK & safety to all.

Peace

PS. The Insurance has to be a HUGE cost.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I want photos and a full report on this one.
For those that have a chance to attend and/or enter let us know how it goes.
Best of luck and good health to those that get to play

Marvin

Black Belt
Reaction score
Is it going to be set up like The Dog Brothers, with light head gear?
or no head gear at all?
or no head shots?

OP
A

[email protected]

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Yes, this is a great and very challenging event!

Most people do not know any of the history behind the early Sayoc Fighting Systems matches that went on in the 70's and 80's, full contact no armor, all out. But this is definitely a chance for those who talk and train in Filipino arts to experience another level to their stick fighting.

Marvin - This is not a "Dog Brothers" style match up. There is no armor and head shots are allowed.

Gumagalang

Guro Steve L.

www.Bujinkandojo.net

F

f.m.a.c.student

sounds like fun, I would think that some one would get hurt

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Holy cow.

Not for me, thanks - I hope everyone who attends takes care of themselves as best they can.

And what is the insurance for hosting something like that?!?!?

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Seigi said:
PS. The Insurance has to be a HUGE cost.

Do you really think that an insurance company would authorize this kind of event? You should see the hoops that I had to hop threw for my home owners insurance to cover my dogs! For those who participate, make sure your health insurance is up to date!!

:asian:

F

f.m.a.c.student

where at in up state pa is this going to be held at I went to your web and did not see where it was or when the 16th is comeing up really fast.

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

For those of you who are coming to the event, you need to post at the Sayoc.com forum. Tuhon Kier(I believe) will be contacting those who are serious about attending.

Train Hard it is the Way!

Guro Steve L.

www.Bujinkandojo.net
I'd like more information on some of the issues presented (insurance, liability, location...) before I start contacting anyone directly about the event. The contact/'fighting' aspect isn't an issue for me so much as the 'sanctioning' and administrative issues (EMT's on site, insurance...) and this idea that there are 'no rules' IMO will always be a load of BS in a commerical event because there is no way on God's green earth that an event with no rules would get 'sanctioned' or insured.

Besides, if there are no rules (and more importantly, no consequences), then i win because I'll bring my car instead of a stick :).

OP
A

[email protected]

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hello Loki....,

If you are worried about liability, EMT, etc. then you have every right not to accept the open invitation to fight. No one stated this was a commercial/sanctioned type of event, only that it is open to everyone who is willing to put it on the line and fight.

Also, I do believe I wrote "Stick fighting", if you choose to drive a car then you could, theoretically stick fight within the car.(LOL)

Gumagalang

Guro Steve L.

ps: There is a video clip at www.Sayoc.com, that shows Tuhon cortes and Guro Mendez fighting no armor, just a brief view but it can give you an idea of what it can be like.

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello Loki....,

If you are worried about liability, EMT, etc. then you have every right not to accept the open invitation to fight. No one stated this was a commercial/sanctioned type of event, only that it is open to everyone who is willing to put it on the line and fight.

Also, I do believe I wrote "Stick fighting", if you choose to drive a car then you could, theoretically stick fight within the car.(LOL)

Gumagalang

Guro Steve L.

ps: There is a video clip at www.Sayoc.com, that shows Tuhon cortes and Guro Mendez fighting no armor, just a brief view but it can give you an idea of what it can be like.
Thanks for the prompt reply. Yes I am declining to participate because there is 'putting on the line' and being 'reckless' IMO.

As far as calling it a 'stick fight' one of the very core ideas of a 'no rules' fight is that there are 'no rules' so by 'breaking the rules' of bringing my car I am technically within the 'rules'.....I have a head ache now.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Theres no laws regarding unsanctioned fighting events in Pennsylvania?

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
Tgace said:
Theres no laws regarding unsanctioned fighting events in Pennsylvania?
Understood, using the term not in the legal/literal application so much as the 'up and up' responsible application. Tim H made a good point about EMT's on site and insurance and such...having a flash back to those risk assessment charts they made us do in NCO school to evaluate the danger level of missions/operations and such....

Risk/reward - is it worth it to you for, essentially, a hobby? Not me. Hell, we still used ropes, carried first aid kits and double checked each others knots when we were rock climbing. Take risks, sure. But control the range of and the impact of the risk with some judgement/precautions/safety considerations.