Fu Sheng Yuan clip

East Winds

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
bigfootsquatch,

Thanks for posting that clip. Fu Sheng yuan is of course Fu Zhong Wen's son so this form is very close to Fu Zhong Wen's form and the form being promoted by the Yang family today.

Very best wishes

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
bigfootsquatch,

Thanks for posting that clip. Fu Sheng yuan is of course Fu Zhong Wen's son so this form is very close to Fu Zhong Wen's form and the form being promoted by the Yang family today.

Very best wishes

hello East Winds,
there are some differences to the Yang Family form that i am learning from someone who is taught by Yang Jun. I did notice that after the first raise hands that there is a movement backwards before spreads wings. io noticed this in his fathers' form and in cmc form but thought i was mistaken yet here it is again. I love the form though is the second part on youtube also?

Respectfully,
Marlon

OP
bigfootsquatch

bigfootsquatch

Purple Belt
Reaction score
yes it is also on youtube, just do a search, you'll find the 2nd part fu sheng yuan's son doing push hands, and some others

East Winds

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
marlon,

In Step Up to Raise Hands the right foot is pointing straight ahead in an empty stance. In order to transition to White Crane, the front foot must be re-positioned to 45 degrees, therefore the WEIGHT is pulled back before re-positioning the right foot to 45 degrees (actually temporararily going into horse stance as the left foot is also at 45 degrees) before re-positioning the left foot into empty stance for White Crane. The transition from Raise Hands to White Crane, also includes Shoulder Stroke/Strike which is also a reason for re-positioning the right foot and transferring the weight. As I understand it, this is also the way that Yang Jun teaches it. Perhaps your instructor has mis-interpreted something?

Hope this helps

Very best wishes

OP
bigfootsquatch

bigfootsquatch

Purple Belt
Reaction score
why we are the subject on yang jun, why does Jun's and Zhen Duos brush knee twist steps look so much higher than yang sau chungs and fu zhong wens? I know the hand ends up lower, but it starts out higher?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
XS,
what important differences do you see in the forms?

Respectfully,
Marlon

Look at the side by side comparisons I posted the link to. I would omit the first one however because it appears to me that Jun is at a different point in white crane spreads its wings form Fu and Tung.

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
marlon,

In Step Up to Raise Hands the right foot is pointing straight ahead in an empty stance. In order to transition to White Crane, the front foot must be re-positioned to 45 degrees, therefore the WEIGHT is pulled back before re-positioning the right foot to 45 degrees (actually temporararily going into horse stance as the left foot is also at 45 degrees) before re-positioning the left foot into empty stance for White Crane. The transition from Raise Hands to White Crane, also includes Shoulder Stroke/Strike which is also a reason for re-positioning the right foot and transferring the weight. As I understand it, this is also the way that Yang Jun teaches it. Perhaps your instructor has mis-interpreted something?

Hope this helps

Very best wishes

it appears that at least to Seggio, Yang Jun does not teach the shoulder stroke (kao?) and i do not see it in his you tube 103 form...but i will ask again.
respectfully,
Marlon
btw have you seen Yang Jun's 103 on youtube? Your opinion would be appreciated?
btw #2 I LOVE TAIJI. if i had found this first i never would know kempo...which would be a shame because kempo is great..but taiji holds the promise of all i was looking for when i started martial arts

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Look at the side by side comparisons I posted the link to. I would omit the first one however because it appears to me that Jun is at a different point in white crane spreads its wings form Fu and Tung.

what differences do you see btwn the father and son's form?

Marlon