Free Game I Recommend for Everyone Here

KangTsai

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
It's Toribash. It's a physics-based martial arts and parkour simulator. I recommend to every martial artist. Let me just break down the game.

Gameplay involves a movable doll of your customisation. You move its joints over turn frames to execute movement (for example, extending ankles). The game is mod-based, each providing different physics rules and different conditions for victory. Most mods are competitive, and official competitive mods are generally classed as grappling(e.g. aikido), striking(e.g. wushu)and kicking mods. The non-competitive mods exist for creating cool replays in the game engine; these mods include "xspar" which is the classic free play with gravity set to the most realistic: this mod is mainly for "sparring" which is a cooperative match to create the coolest fight scenes (they mostly look like capoeira sparring). Parkour is another big genre in the replay making mods; generally consisting of platforms and obstacles, your goal is to make your character look cool while running and jumping. There's also tricking, which is just that, and various sports-based replay mods for very advanced players.

This game is too open and flexible to explain all of it. All I can say is that it has a ridiculously steep learning curve (it took me many hours just to get my character to run for six steps). I've reached "3nd Dan black belt" in the game under the same username.

Also this will run on the crappiest and oldest of computers out there, and internet is not an issue because the game is turn-based. There are actually many kids from Egypt playing this, to prove my point here.

Final edit: as you get more advanced you martial arts experience will actually make you better at the game because you know how the body works.

Last edited:

UqaabKamikaze

Orange Belt
Reaction score
It's Toribash. It's a physics-based martial arts and parkour simulator. I recommend to every martial artist. Let me just break down the game.

Gameplay involves a movable doll of your customisation. You move its joints over turn frames to execute movement (for example, extending ankles). The game is mod-based, each providing different physics rules and different conditions for victory. Most mods are competitive, and official competitive mods are generally classed as grappling(e.g. aikido), striking(e.g. wushu)and kicking mods. The non-competitive mods exist for creating cool replays in the game engine; these mods include "xspar" which is the classic free play with gravity set to the most realistic: this mod is mainly for "sparring" which is a cooperative match to create the coolest fight scenes (they mostly look like capoeira sparring). Parkour is another big genre in the replay making mods; generally consisting of platforms and obstacles, your goal is to make your character look cool while running and jumping. There's also tricking, which is just that, and various sports-based replay mods for very advanced players.

This game is too open and flexible to explain all of it. All I can say is that it has a ridiculously steep learning curve (it took me many hours just to get my character to run for six steps). I've reached "3nd Dan black belt" in the game under the same username.

Also this will run on the crappiest and oldest of computers out there, and internet is not an issue because the game is turn-based. There are actually many kids from Egypt playing this, to prove my point here.

Final edit: as you get more advanced you martial arts experience will actually make you better at the game because you know how the body works.
That is an amazing game.

UqaabKamikaze

Orange Belt
Reaction score
It is much more difficult than learning real martial art.
I can use flashy moves but still learning to walk and get up.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
A surface impression of the game will leave you disappointed. I need to stress the learning curve of the game again, it's 89° steep for about a few weeks but then it drops to about 3° constant.

I will keep that in mind. :)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I appreciate that the game is mod-based, offering different physics rules and victory conditions. It's great to hear that it runs smoothly on older computers and doesn't require a constant internet connection.
being from 2016, it might not work like that anymore.

Latest Discussions