Frank Mir vs Fedor

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
So frank Mir has now left the UFC and wants to fight fedor.

It's an interesting fight but one that probably would be better years ago. Mir always seems so out of shape lately and he seems to have forgotten he's good at Jiu Jitsu and only boxes these days and lets be honest he's never been a world class boxer. He always messed around with his weight to much, he tried to bulk up to much so he could compare to people like Lesnar and Carwin from his day but I never believed that suited his style much.

As for fedor vs Mir both are well past it but I'd take fedor since he's still got power as shown by the mitrione fight and mirs chin is completely gone.

Reedone816

Blue Belt
Reaction score
But the stipulation is that mir must wait until his usada suspension is up.

Sent from my Lenovo A7010a48 using Tapatalk

Reedone816

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Mmm yes might be if usada=athletic commission which has only state jurisdiction.
But usada can also means UFC, which had written contract, so UFC can sue him if he break the stipulation.
Anyway the suspension is only until next year iirc, he can sit out and do podcast or commentary jobs.

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Mmm yes might be if usada=athletic commission which has only state jurisdiction.
But usada can also means UFC, which had written contract, so UFC can sue him if he break the stipulation.
Anyway the suspension is only until next year iirc, he can sit out and do podcast or commentary jobs.

He's left the ufc. They let him leave

Reedone816

Blue Belt
Reaction score
With stipulation by the UFC to not fight while he is suspended by usada.
If he break the contract release stipulation, UFC can sue him.

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Looks like this fight will happen next year. I pick fedor mirs chin is gone

Reedone816

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hyped with bellator hw tournament.
and mir still dangerous to old fighter, look at nog, he didn't pull punches in submission...

Sent from my BV8000Pro using Tapatalk

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hyped with bellator hw tournament.
and mir still dangerous to old fighter, look at nog, he didn't pull punches in submission...

Sent from my BV8000Pro using Tapatalk
Nah he's finished. Trust me when fighters hit that stage In they need to pack it up or it's dangerous and mir has won 2 fights in about 5 years and coming off a ban for steroids. He looked terrible in his last fight. I like him but he's done simple as that the only one in that tournament I'd give him any chance with is sonnen

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
So frank Mir has now left the UFC and wants to fight fedor.

It's an interesting fight but one that probably would be better years ago. Mir always seems so out of shape lately and he seems to have forgotten he's good at Jiu Jitsu and only boxes these days and lets be honest he's never been a world class boxer. He always messed around with his weight to much, he tried to bulk up to much so he could compare to people like Lesnar and Carwin from his day but I never believed that suited his style much.

As for fedor vs Mir both are well past it but I'd take fedor since he's still got power as shown by the mitrione fight and mirs chin is completely gone.
i though fedor was a tennis player?

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Interesting fact. In 29 fights mir has only gone the distance 6 times he's won 3 by decision and lost 3 by decision the rest of his wins and loses are all finished

Latest Discussions