form video

bluewaveschool

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I promised my students that I'd put up video on the class page of the white belt form. Figure I'd put it up here to see if some expert eyes spot anything off in my technique. Something feels off, not sure what though.

[video=youtube_share;WnWiVdHCyaQ]http://youtu.be/WnWiVdHCyaQ[/video]

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
What form is that? I thought you taught the ITF forms, but that's not Chon Ji. It follows the "I" pattern on the floor as the Kicho forms do, but its none of them either (or at least, none that I have ever seen). The first 5 moves are the same as Kicho 3, but 6-8 in Kicho 3 are horse stance side punches. Front stance middle punch in the same portion of the form is Kicho 1.

Technique wise, I'd say both your outside middle blocks and your middle punches are too high, but those sort of small details vary depending on what org you're with.

OP
B

bluewaveschool

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
That form is unique to a handful of schools. The first head of the school was a student of Grandmaster Young Sik Choi, who made up the form. It's been our white belt form for 30 years. We start the ITF forms at yellow belt. I have a friend that is a student of Grandmaster Choi, but every time there is a chance to meet him something has come up to keep it from happening.

OP
B

bluewaveschool

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I was doing it to show the movements, not like I was testing. So not full power. That's interesting with the Shotokan form.

Mass

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
It's not Taikyoku Shodan. Although the "I" pattern is the same, the blocks are different.

Latest Discussions