Forget BJJ. This is what I'm studying from now on.

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
Well you gotta admit, the outfits have the Gi beat

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can't believe I wasted so many years training inferior systems.

I am just so happy for you that you finally saw the light (and fantastic). Imagine how many more years you and your students could have wasted.

I bet everyone is ecstatic about the new gi's as well, eh?

What do they think of the new music?

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Lol... I waited to long. Years ago I reserved the domain bavarianjiujitsu.com and have intended to do this. This was pretty well done.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol... I waited to long. Years ago I reserved the domain bavarianjiujitsu.com and have intended to do this. This was pretty well done.
And a pleasant way to promote his "half-rate book", too. I enjoy his regular videos, and now he proves he is an entertainer, too!

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Stefan Kesting is a hoot. Love his stuff.

Now on a related topic... I don't know if there actually are German guys that practice BJJ who have such a ridiculously superior attitude, but there sure are in Wing Chun. In fact there are a couple of different groups that come across like that.

There are a couple of guys who frequently post on the WC forum who are followers of a particular German student of the late great WC master Wong Shum Leung who post stuff just about as extreme as the stuff in those clips ...and they are serious!!!! :confused:

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Oh sure, Tony, here you go AGAIN, flitting from martial art to martial art. I mean, look how long you've been in BJJ? ;)

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I can't believe I wasted so many years training inferior systems.
I've been trying to convert you to Jow Ga on the sly and didn't want to just come out and tell you this.. But yeah. I agree.

Those techniques at 0:07 are like Jow Ga big wheel punches lol. and the groin attacks at 0:42 is the mentality we have lol.. True story. Instructor told an adult student to heel kick him in the stomach, and she heel kicked him in the groin. That's one of the things that I wish I could have gotten on tape, we had a good laugh that night lol.

Technique at 0:46 is (the single hand block) is a Jui Sao lol. no really it is. well minus the hand being pointed up.
Technique at 1:20 is a crescent kick lol..

All you have to do is sign up on the website lol. Membership is free.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not? they look strappy enough.

When people say 'suspender' in the UK it's not what Americans think a suspender is lol. I've always found mine to be quite useful for all sorts of things in the past as were the stockings, useful in old cars when the fanbelt broke.

OP
Tony Dismukes

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been trying to convert you to Jow Ga on the sly and didn't want to just come out and tell you this.. But yeah. I agree.

Those techniques at 0:07 are like Jow Ga big wheel punches lol. and the groin attacks at 0:42 is the mentality we have lol.. True story. Instructor told an adult student to heel kick him in the stomach, and she heel kicked him in the groin. That's one of the things that I wish I could have gotten on tape, we had a good laugh that night lol.

Technique at 0:46 is (the single hand block) is a Jui Sao lol. no really it is. well minus the hand being pointed up.
Technique at 1:20 is a crescent kick lol..

All you have to do is sign up on the website lol. Membership is free.
Yeah, yeah ... what I want to know is do you have the technique where you rip out your opponent's innards and eat them on a bun with sauerkraut?

Latest Discussions