For us old guys

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Oh, yes. After each episode, I used to kick my sister.
That didn't last for long.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yes. It was a diversion from Bonanza and Star Trek :) I reckon about Seven, or maybe six with former, but not sure with the latter. I was one when it first aired. But whenever, it was fantastic :)

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah around 3 or 4 when I saw my first re-run living in Santa Maria at my grandma's before coming back south. There used to be a picture of me kicking a flower bush. It's long gone, but yeah I remember it.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
wow.... most of you are making me feel older than I was when I posted this..... I watched show number 1, the first time it came on TV and I was in double digit age...... and I was already taking Jujutsu......damn I am old.......

Last edited:

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Crap, you are old, Xue Sheng! :D

Well, maybe not: I had also hit double-digits a couple of years before the show's debut. But I was into model kits, not jiujitsu.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Thursday nights, nine o'clock. It was the only night we didn't stay after class and work out more. We used to leave the dojo (class was 7-8:30) and head to one of the guy's houses, usually sit in stretch racks and smoke fatties. (hey, it was 1972)

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Loved that show and wish some network would reshow it once again.
I was married with a 5 year old son by that time. The family would watch it every week

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
ahh, that's better, I don't feel so old now.....:D

Crap, you are old, Xue Sheng! :D

Well, maybe not: I had also hit double-digits a couple of years before the show's debut. But I was into model kits, not jiujitsu.

I was into model cars and planes then too... as well as Jujutsu

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can credit the series for getting me started in the martial arts. I tried watching the re make with Carradine, but it was horrible.
Who remembers that Jodi Foster had one of her first acting appearances on the show?
I bought David Carradine's biography long ago when it came out and found there where about 50 blank pages in the middle of the book. I went back to the book store to find they were all like that.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I can credit the series for getting me started in the martial arts. I tried watching the re make with Carradine, but it was horrible.
Who remembers that Jodi Foster had one of her first acting appearances on the show?
I bought David Carradine's biography long ago when it came out and found there where about 50 blank pages in the middle of the book. I went back to the book store to find they were all like that.

The blank pages were probably when he was twisted. :)

Had NO idea Jodie Foster was on Kung Fu. I had to go to IMDB and see that for myself. That's way cool, Hoshin, thanks.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I believe Kung Fu was also the first credited part Brandon Lee had as well, but it was in the movie.
Not to mention that the whole concept may have been Bruce Lee's and he was considered for the lead role.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I
Who remembers that Jodi Foster had one of her first acting appearances on the show?.

Nah. That gal had been acting since 1968: Doris Day, Courtship of Eddie's Father, Wonderful Wide World of Disney, Daniel Boone, Wonderful Wide World of Disney, Wonderful Wide World of Disney....even earlier, but she'd been on TV shows since 1968, when she was six.....everybody loved her "tomboy act." Who knew?
rolling.gif

East Winds

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I must be REALLY old. I've still got his video tape of T'ai Chi complete with his star ship troopers in the background!!!!

Latest Discussions