For those out in the midwest USA you've got my sympathy

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Those who are out in the midwest USA you've got my sympathy. In some places it is well below zero and there's been some people who've died from the cold. So I would like to say stay warm and lets hope the cold passes soon.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Meanwhile, in Canada...

Winter didn't even come this year. Everything should be frozen and snow, but it just isn't.

Weird year.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Those who are out in the midwest USA you've got my sympathy. In some places it is well below zero and there's been some people who've died from the cold. So I would like to say stay warm and lets hope the cold passes soon.
a big chunk of the world has really cold weather every year, a bit of a cold snap in america and its world news. mean while in Siberia

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
a big chunk of the world has really cold weather every year, a bit of a cold snap in america and its world news. mean while in Siberia
Its not that often that you find temperatures that rival those in Antarctica in the USA, or in most other countries in the world.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Its not that often that you find temperatures that rival those in Antarctica in the USA, or in most other countries in the world.
well no, not in most countries as most country's arnt that near the pole, but Canada, Russia Greenland Scandinavian, etal all seem to get on with it with out undue winging

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
well no, not in most countries as most country's arnt that near the pole, but Canada, Russia Greenland Scandinavian, etal all seem to get on with it with out undue winging
They would be more used to it since it regularly gets much colder there than it does in most places in the USA. Temperatures were as low as -50 or lower in certain states and cities. A bunch of people have died from the cold including two college students.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

When something happens every year, you're going to be better prepared to deal with it than when it happens once a century.

Your compassion for the people who have died from this is touching.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
They would be more used to it since it regularly gets much colder there than it does in most places in the USA. Temperatures were as low as -50 or lower in certain states and cities. A bunch of people have died from the cold including two college students.
its a shame they don't sell coats and gloves in the USA or even have weather forecasts so that people know to get their coats and gloves out of the closset,

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
When something happens every year, you're going to be better prepared to deal with it than when it happens once a century.

Your compassion for the people who have died from this is touching.[/QUOTwel prepared people die in other countries as well,

Your compassion for the people who have died from this is touching.
ill prepared people die of cold in other counties as well, are we expressing sympathy for any one stupid enough to go out with out a big coat in Siberia as well, or is it just an american thing

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I grew up in southern Wisconsin, and have very fond memories of those two to four weeks every winter, usually in January and/or February, when the temperature would drop into the negative twenties, Fahrenheit. That could happen in the daytime, or overnight. During that period the highs for each day would still be several degrees below zero.

I moved to California and never looked back.

Latest Discussions