FMAT: What Shall a Man gain if he loses his neck

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
What Shall a Man gain if he loses his neck
By GrandTuhon Leo T Gaje Jr - Sat, 18 Aug 2007 11:32:40 GMT
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

What shall a man gain if the, neck, arms, fingers, legs were cut after much time spent gathering many styles and spending more time in the mat thrown all over the place. The effort went into sprain ankle, pich nerve, broken arms and many more malfunctions that were noticed after the training. I met several people that works with me in many seminars that had injuries for the past ten years and others shifted to Pekiti-Tirsia because they could not take the injuries cause by smashing their body to the ground. Yes. it is good way to experience playing on top and be under the top in someways but in real multiple encounter to be on the ground with 5 people with baseball bat is a suicide.

What you do in training is what happens out in the street. When the trouble starts suddently you forgot everthing what will you do when the Cold steel or the Spiderco or the Columbia opens or the Balisong singing along the movements of the hands, are going to seek for the legs to grab or are you looking for the arms to twist or are you looking at his belly to clinch.

Gone were the days when you can apply those but with the educated criminals who had previous training and had updated themselves with the DVD and movies of jet Li and the Gangs of New York,they studied how to counter those application and they are prepared to plant the knife in your head and with a multiple stabs at your back hitting you in the spinal cord and with your kidney expose your are finish no less than 30 seconds.

I have seen and met Martial Artist that had 20 Instructors and 10 Masters within the spread of 15 years in Martial arts . I was impressed but when I suddenly opened the Balisong in front of his face he got scared and cannot talk. You go to his school he had all the certificates hang on the wall, quite impressive. I understand that it is business. So we are in this critical time where crimes increases everyday and if your instructor is the first to be scared with a live knife then what will he teach you to protect yourself against knife attack . All dummy knives are good only for training.

In Pekiti-Tirsia you have to bleed inorder for you to associate pain and the sweetness of your blood. The more experience with real knife and real blade , more ocnfidence is develop and this confidence will save your life.
The Philippine Marines and US Marines during the Balikatan Exercise the real experience is to run in full speed with an open Ginunting charging in cutting five banana trunck tide together in no less than 3 minutes .

This is the real form of training prelude to the real encounter. Why waste your time and money in playing something else that will you be killed by a 14 year old kid who knows only to play his knife in the street of Los Angeles and New York City. Martial Arts as portrayed in the FMA way should be realistic not a day dream. In Pekiti-Tirsia we dont go to the ground, it is the duty of the attacker to go to the ground before he goes 6 feet under the ground. It is not the work of a knife / blade man to go to the ground. It is the job of the head to go to the ground and roll over the dirt so the face will be dirty cleaned with eyes still opened.

What shall a Man gain if he loses his neck ?. Find him in another world.

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

Latest Discussions