FMAT: What is FMA if no Combat Elements

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
What is FMA if no Combat Elements
By [email protected] - Tue, 28 Aug 2007 00:40:46 GMT
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

It is in the nature of Filipino Fighting culture that Fight for combat is always present. Where ever the sessions of guys who are involved in the FMA there is always the excitement about stories of a person in certain barrio that fought against three people who intend to Rob his carabao or his goats or chicken . The filipino fighting culture is focused on the realities of using the bolos for hacking against anyone who threatens the family or personal attack. It is not a strange story if a neighbor got killed after visiting a barrio about 10n kilometers from his own house.

In the Philippines, fiesta is always the best gathering of people within the barrio and visiting friends where each family cooked good foods to serve the cousins and friends. It is a way to entertain once a year some distant relatives and new friends. San Miquel Beer is the best reception around the table with sumsuman of barbecue meat or grilled chicken. A band of

native guitars and musicians will be playing their favorite songs and dance music where the teenagers will start to be at the center stage dancing the latest imitation of Samba and chacha to include maringue and salsa.

At about past 12.00 midnight the music starts to fade out because the musicians starts to disappear fear of loud voices and shouting of the people drunk over cases of San Miquel beer. Then without warning someone pulled his Talibong and starts to challenge everyone.

Without excuses one in the crowd pulled his Parang and challenge start to drive the people out of the crowd where the two were in position to attack each other in a wink of an eye the fight starts and blood is all over the ground , one lost his arms, one lost his fingers. No police comes since it so far away from the town . The barrio capitan with his henchmen brought the two together for a special treatment. Then the days passes by as if nothing happens.

Blade fighting is not isolated among the 7,100 Islands. It is a culture that it is present today with happenings almost every now and then.The bolo as a status symbol in the early days of the filipinos, today a Bolo is not only a status symbol but it is a security blanket. Even to the Philippine Marines, a Ginunting is a must to all Marines before, during and after the operations. A knife is inseparable, a partner in bed and a bodyguard during the day.

Pekiti-Tirsia direction of training is the discipline of Will Power to devastate the enemy and the opposition without any regrets.It is the fundamental belief of each newly trained person in the Pekiti-Tirsia that the power to dominate the opponents movements during the encounter will bring the enemy in a quartered area with no chances of survival. This is the reason that discipline of training is doubly tedious to attain the highest degree of stamina and endurance that nobody can match.

Pekiti-Tirsia maintained the highest standard of training with the purpose that who may joined can decide either he or she will give up or continue to undergo all the rudiments of hard training.Pekiti-Tirsia do not believe in quantity we only bring people to the best quality of high standard of combat education. The bastardization of the FMA is now common to almost all FMA practices. The commercialization and cheapening of the Art is rampant. Selling and buying of certificates on a two days seminar. The grappling of titles as Instructors, Punong Guro, Blackbelts, Master by paper,Tuhons by inductions, Datus by blessings of a non-muslim Master, pick a flower title with so much publicity in the youtube.

We know and we see Instructors and even Master who cannot even articulate in delivering the correct movements of the stick, no coordination, very limited knowledge filled with story telling episodes. What is saddening is the student who believe and cannot distinguish what is correct and what is wrong in the training and the thing they were learning.

What you only heard is, he is good and what is good because he has a title Master but you look at his movement . My student that studied with me for one week can move better than this master and even the student who had been with him is just as lousy like the Master..

I am opening this situation because even though I have nothing to do with these( Masters not yet) but whatever blunders they are committing affects me and the question comes to me " Is this the FMA in a different style standing like a Tree ? So what ever the readers will say about this thread I am right .

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed