FMAT: Traveling with swords...tips? Experiences?

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Traveling with swords...tips? Experiences?
By Carol Kaur - Thu, 14 Sep 2006 05:09:49 GMT
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

Recently at a seminar I met a person that is heavily involved in sword training. I was intrugued by the travel case the artist was using...a black cloth shoulderbag that looked like a case for a musical instrument. The white logo of the company (which included a thinly stitched sword in the design) sewn in to the bag was the only hint of the contents inside.

So, for you sword practitioners...how do you carry your swords?

Have you flown with them? If so, how do you package them for the rigors of the cargo bay?

Have you traveled internationally? Any experiences to share relating to swords and customs?

I've heard it said before that, esepecially in the US, when one is traveling with Martial Arts weapons on one's person (or in one's vehicle), that one should also be in posession of other items that identify oneself as a martial artist....such as MA shoes or uniform or a T-shirt identifying the name of your school. Is this a practice that you follow?

Alternatively, for the good folks that live outside of the US, is this practice necessary for where you live?

Any tips...feedback....experiences...stories....all are greatly appreciated! :)

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

Latest Discussions