FMAT: The Big Question

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
The Big Question
By GrandTuhon Leo T Gaje Jr - Mon, 04 Jun 2007 00:48:41 GMT
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

This is the big opportunity to open the issue controversial or non-controversial about the entire Pilipino culture and the meaning of each component and one of the components is the Fighting system. In the olden days our forefathers don't talk about martial arts, they educated themselves in the language of performance and the art of performance is FIGHTING.Why fighting?

The Pilipino language is a beautiful language because it starts with respect and ends with respect as HO and the PO. Those who are associated with the Pilipino language like Guro Jared Wihongi, an ardent Pekiti-Tirsia Instructor in Salt lake City and Defensive Instructor of the Salt lake Swat Team and the Special Forces 19th group, a New Zealander and American
Citizen, speaks fluently Pilipino dialects and the Tagalog as an official Language. For those who married a Pilipina like Mandala Tim Waid , Executive Vice President of the Pekiti-Tirisa Global Organization and Mandala Uli Weidle, Managing Director, (just recently married) of the Pekiti-Tirsia Kali Europe Organization both are married to a Pilipina can and will confess how the word of respect the HO and the OPO is expressed in many forms.

To know and understand the Pilipino as a cultured and civilized people in Asia, an actual and personal research must be made before anyone talk about FMA and argue all about it .Any opinons , ideas and even in the teaching of the word FMA, one must purify himself in learning the true ingredients of the Fighting system not just about the Martial Arts.

I am fascinated to be informed that there is a good mental calisthenics in the FMA Forum and I requested our Executive Director for the Asia Pacific Confederation of Pekiti-Tirsia Kali , Inc Agalon Jay Bataclan to register me in the forum so that I can be a part of the informations on my years of research and development work all about the Filipino culture from the north of luzon to Southern Philippines.

Is is my practice and my fundamental policy that when I say something I must know what I am talking about and it should be back up by facts. In combat when a word is uttered you must do it, a warrior do not talk they just do it. I learn a lot of character peculiarities with the Force Recon Marines, they don't talk but they accomplished each mission 100% results. This is the true manifestation of the Pilipino Culture less talk more actions

Pekiti-Tirsia is a system founded on the basis of fighting principle , an adage that my forefathers had treasured, nourished and developed as the Doctirne of Discipline with one special purpose to preserved the family and their lands as their means of livelihood. It is a system of secrets from the physical to the metaphysical. My grand father, the Surpeme GRandmaster of the Pekiti-Tirsia system , Gt Conrado B. Tortal of Negros Occidental was a respected man not because of what the people knows about him as a Blade man but as a cultured person who cares and show concern to his friends and most of all he provided sustaining support to his immediate members of the family, his brothers Balbino Tortal , Francisco Tortal , TEodorico Tortal. Being the only GRandson born in 1938 , I saw as I grew to the age from ten to maturity that every family reunion , my grandfather was the center of respect and admiration.But to those who disrepect gained a lot of fear because the presence of my old man is the blade on their throat.

We can talk a lot of the issues but what I am trying to expose here is the true essence of what is the practice of the true FMA. First there must be a character of true Pilipino culture , a culture of bravery and courage. We don't teach to cowards and talkers who steals and claim FMA . In the Pekiti-Tirsia community when ever we train and there is a call to sparring no one says no or deny the opportunity to exercise the discipline of combatancy. To prove that PTK is a combat art , the year 1979 in the first Arnis, Eskrima ,Kali tournament in Cebu before the presence of many styles attended by thousand of cebuanos, they saw that a mixed Pilipino martial a mixed Arnis, Eskrima defeated by Pekiti-Tirsia as a pure Pilipino Fighting system on record. I am not trying to undermine the other styles but we are talking of a pure ingredients that is combat not martial arts. We do by performance not by playing words.

Those who are contributing to the Forum and discuss about PTK direct the question to me . You have to know from the horses mouth. But am touched on the question , why Pekiti-tirsia as the official courses of the Philippines Marine Corps and the PNP SAF. It is not only the Philippine Marine Corps or the PNP recognized and accepted our technology but the No 1 special operations Group in Europe the AUSTRIAN COBRA COMMANDOS ,BOTH THE POLICE AND THE MILITARY. they are comfortable including Pekiti-Tirsia as one of the courses in their commando training because they made their research extensively, they told me that we like Pekiti-tirsia becasue there is no Video for sale neither a book on pekiti-Tirsia and we only know that the WEb site can be our best guide in terms of Performance.

Today Pekiti-Tirsia clings to the slogan being the FEW, the Proud and the Leaders. You want to be a leader join Pekiti-Tirsia. we have the Few warriors that will hack to the barriers of time and will not say no to the trend to time.

In the Philippines , we have Mandala Rommel Tortal together with AGalon Jasper De Ocampo, Master SGt. William Baltazar, Master SGt.manuel Prado and the supporting marine Instructors, who heads the Asia Pacific Region in all aspects of training , in the US, it is managed by Mandala Tim Waid and in Europe by Mandala Uli Weidle, as managing Director and all supporting instructors directly undergoing extensive Masteral Traininig.

The Special Authorized Instructors are Mandala Douglas Marcaida in New York with all his top Instructors, Mandatus Jared Wihongi of Utah, Mandalla Mike Franciotti of SAn Francisco, Mandatus Mike Marlow of Sweden.Agalon Eddie Hunt of New York City, Agalon GAbriel Martinez of San Antonio, Texas, and others who are independently adjusting to the Pekiti-Tirsia which will be mentioned specially on this column.

Meantime, I will continue to respond any decent inquiries about PTK

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

Latest Discussions