Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
"Styles" of Pekiti Tirsia
By jwinch2 - 05-21-2014 12:17 PM
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

Hello everyone,

When watching different groups of Pekiti Tirsia practitioners/instructors, I see some marked differences in what they do. Please understand, I am not trying to say what is good or bad, merely what I see. Here is what I am getting at:

• When I watch T. McGrath and his students, I see a good deal of body rotation when striking, more so than I see from other groups.
  • When I see T. Waid and his students, I see very large distances between persons when performing drills, particularly when stick or long blade is involved. I also see less body rotation and more of a tendency to stay squared to the opponent.
  • When I see persons that currently train with G.T. Gaje and T. Rommel, I see movements that appear to have more of a silat influence, particularly in terms of takedowns and any ground work that is included.

These differences often seem so pronounced that it seems that there are various styles of Pekiti Tirsia that have developed over the years, depending on when one might have trained with G.T. Gaje.

Thoughts on this? I am not trying to start an argument, merely learn. I also have zero interest in the politics of various groups with PTK.

Cheers!

Jason

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

Latest Discussions