FMAT: good source for fencing masks?

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
good source for fencing masks?
By James - Sun, 10 Sep 2006 21:20:20 GMT

====================

Can anyone recommend a good place to get fencing masks? Amazon has this one. It's the best price ($55) I could find, and it's 3 weapons rated as far as I can tell. Are these too light? They look much like the ones I have now, and they offer adequate protection.

I have 2 that I've had for about 10 years and would like to get a few more since I'm trying to expand my class. I have 2 Doce Pares headgears, but all of my students find them very uncomfortable to wear. They do offer better protection for very hard sparring, but I've come to like fencing masks. Your field of vision is better and you can use them for knife sparring as well. They are also easier to take on and off. They offer enough protection for sparring, but if you get hit in the head, you certainly know it, that's for sure. With the DP headgears, you can take a really good shot to the head and keep wading in - I've seen some sport sparrers develop the awful habit of leading with their head knowing they can take a good crack on the noggin and get 2 shots in for their opponents 1. Not a habit I want to develop in my students or myself.

Anybody?

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Google Tripplete Competition Arms.

Jeff

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is where I get my fencing masks.
http://www.amazon.com/Epee-practice.../103-2069555-0675843?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods

It is a good product and takes a beating.
icon6.gif
Plus the price is good as well!
icon14.gif

Latest Discussions