FMAT: Alexandria VA HELP.. Kali wing chun JKD

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Alexandria VA HELP.. Kali wing chun JKD
By ficti0n - Sun, 09 Mar 2008 19:16:19 GMT
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

I just did some searches in the forum for Alexandria va and not much came up.... So I am going to post for some help... I just moved to the area from NY and I am looking for instruction in any of the following areas.... Kali, JKD, or wing chun... I have searched around and I do not see anything in the Alexandria area... Everything is pretty far out and during rush hour DC traffic it would be impossible to get to these classes...
Does anyone know of any groups or classes in any of these 3 disciplines within the Alexandria area??? I currently live about a mile from old town down near the Huntington metro stop.....

This is driving me crazy as anywhere you live within NY you could easily find a school within driving distance... In NYC there are endless schools, and in upstate and Central NY you might have to drive a bit but there is no traffic so its feasible. I am not a fan of NOVA LOL

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alexandria VA HELP.. Kali wing chun JKD
By ficti0n - Sun, 09 Mar 2008 19:16:19 GMT
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

I just did some searches in the forum for Alexandria va and not much came up.... So I am going to post for some help... I just moved to the area from NY and I am looking for instruction in any of the following areas.... Kali, JKD, or wing chun... I have searched around and I do not see anything in the Alexandria area... Everything is pretty far out and during rush hour DC traffic it would be impossible to get to these classes...
Does anyone know of any groups or classes in any of these 3 disciplines within the Alexandria area??? I currently live about a mile from old town down near the Huntington metro stop.....

This is driving me crazy as anywhere you live within NY you could easily find a school within driving distance... In NYC there are endless schools, and in upstate and Central NY you might have to drive a bit but there is no traffic so its feasible. I am not a fan of NOVA LOL

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed
There is a whole lot more in the DC area than most people realize, because there's a lot that's not taught in commercial/storefront advertised arenas. I'm pretty sure there are a few JKD clubs teaching in "ordinary" commercial gyms or health clubs; you'll have to assess them for yourself.

Also -- you might as well resign yourself to some driving. There's very limited public transportation except for into & out of DC. Metro's bus routes aren't bad -- but they're not very flexible other than for commuters.

If you've been training in these arts before, contact your previous instructor. They may be able to refer you to someone in the area.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a whole lot more in the DC area than most people realize, because there's a lot that's not taught in commercial/storefront advertised arenas. I'm pretty sure there are a few JKD clubs teaching in "ordinary" commercial gyms or health clubs; you'll have to assess them for yourself.

Also -- you might as well resign yourself to some driving. There's very limited public transportation except for into & out of DC. Metro's bus routes aren't bad -- but they're not very flexible other than for commuters.

If you've been training in these arts before, contact your previous instructor. They may be able to refer you to someone in the area.
Well... for some reason I couldn't edit this one...

Check out One Spirit Martial Arts, as well. I have no personal experience with them -- but they do offer JKD & Kali.