FMAT: 2014 Philippines trip review

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
2014 Philippines trip review
By silat1 - 03-03-2014 07:14 AM
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

, I just finished a 10 day trip to the Philippines and was fortunate to meet a couple of the Kalis Ilustrisimo instructors and practitioners from Manila.. One of them teaches my nephews at one of the schools in angeles city and last saturday, his instructor who trained with Yuli Romo for decades was in angeles and I had the privilege of sitting in their class and watching the Kalis Ilustrisimo class that was given.. Interesting and effective system as anyone who has been involved with the fma for more than a day and a half know or have heard of "Tatang" Ilustrisimo.. I have some videos that were made prior to his death in the early 90s, saw a lot of similar techniques from the teachings saturday and the videos.. I also was fortunate to meet and sponsor a seminar with one of my associates who trained with Yuli Romo and his Bahad Zubu ( a mixture of Kalis Ilustrisimo and Balintawak eskrima) a few years back.. Good time was had and a lot of new acquaintances were made on this trip I was not fortunate enough to partake in the training as I am still recovering from an injury that consists of 4 major breaks in my ankle and I have screws and metal plates to stabilize the ankle joint which limits my mobility and footwork abilities, but I still had fun just observing.. Getting old is a *****

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your injury but very happy your trip went so well and that you had such a good time

Latest Discussions