FMA On The Ground

monkey

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I hear lots of talk of groud on tirsa-concpts BUT not 1 on the art of Presas line.Do none of you have time from 70s or 80 when Kuntao was primary?The sikaron or pana --jockmen depending on region you want to call the low line kicks & the hubud we did had endless standing to ground & vice versa.This was our training.How can 1 say they have mater of if they dont know the line & history of the art & founder & details of such said art.QUESTION?

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
monkey said:
I hear lots of talk of groud on tirsa-concpts BUT not 1 on the art of Presas line.Do none of you have time from 70s or 80 when Kuntao was primary?The sikaron or pana --jockmen depending on region you want to call the low line kicks & the hubud we did had endless standing to ground & vice versa.This was our training.How can 1 say they have mater of if they dont know the line & history of the art & founder & details of such said art.QUESTION?

Monkey,

I have access to those who trained in the 70's and I started also in the 80's.

I am curious as to your obsession with pointing out you trained with Bruce Lee and GM Remy & GM Ernesto Presas?

Also curious about your terms, as they are not in his books from the PI nor in the notes or paperwork I have from the 70's. NOTE: I do not have a complete set of what was taught everywhere in the 70's and 80'sm but I was around for just over half the 80's talk and worked with those who stared in the early 80's and also worked with those that had theri black belts in the 70's.

So here is the set for you to spike. What is your agenda with almost every post you make have to do with the Press Line or about Bruce Lee or both?

Very Curious.

monkey

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Ok good question 1st if you had the notes youd see that Jose Bonco y Presas did ground & Remy was not tought by him.Ernesto was as I.I have the classs photo 1980 & I was there & Bruce Jutchnick was a Sacramento student as was Pallen Who was not in the class picture.The 80 shot shows me REmy & Ernesto teaching as 1 art-1 line for a bit,Then they parted.

[Mod Note:
Reason:Tape Trading Not Permitted.
Palusut MT Senior Moderator]

But I am doing lots of standing to ground.Now as I take it for the site most are off the Presas line in 1 way or another & lots of jkd people talking of concepts.I have to defend-suport-correct-question-stipulate ect of the arts of my teachers when some thing is good-great or forgotten!im not here to debate or judge or maintain or even claim rites to.I am just asking things most should know but seem not to in 1 way or other.interesting delema.

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
monkey said:
Ok good question 1st if you had the notes youd see that Jose Bonco y Presas did ground & Remy was not tought by him.

What does the above mean?

monkey said:
Ernesto was as I.

Are you saying that you and Ernesto were taught the same? And both of you were taught by Jose?

monkey said:
I have the classs photo 1980 & I was there & Bruce Jutchnick was a Sacramento student as was Pallen Who was not in the class picture.

I have a photo with Chris Judge of StarGate 1, this does not mean I have trained with the Jaffa or even appeard in an episode of SG1.

I have heard of Bruce and Pallen, but never really heard or saw of you.

monkey said:
The 80 shot shows me REmy & Ernesto teaching as 1 art-1 line for a bit,

Are you saying you taught in 1980 before you had your certs as you states those were in 1981?

monkey said:
Then they parted.

Yes they did. While GM Remy may have been mad or upset with his brother he would not allow others to talk bad about his brother GM Ernesto. So they were family, no one doubts that.

Your real point is?

monkey said:
Is that in the notes Id like a copy of them Ill resipacate & send back a dvd of the original class (some) Juchnick not in video) But I am doing lots of standing to ground.Now as I take it for the site most are off the Presas line in 1 way or another & lots of jkd people talking of concepts.I have to defend-suport-correct-question-stipulate ect of the arts of my teachers when some thing is good-great or forgotten!im not here to debate or judge or maintain or even claim rites to.I am just asking things most should know but seem not to in 1 way or other.interesting delema.

Phadrus00

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
I have a photo with Chris Judge of StarGate 1, this does not mean I have trained with the Jaffa or even appeard in an episode of SG1.

WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Rich you mean that 3 DVD Set of you teaching Kelna'rim is Bogus! Ohh man! And I suppose the mail order Symbiote thing is bogus too! Oh my day is ruined! *evil grin*

Rob

monkey

Brown Belt
Reaction score
There are probly lots you never herd of that have master ranks from the early days like Ed Farris to name 1.How do you know what went on if you werent there.I was tought private by Jose presas as well ernesto had private time.I had time with Ernesto as well as Remy private.You were not at the privates Warden took or others.But the class photo exsist & I see you failed to bring up the fact my rank was published & shown nationaly (signed & dated by Remy 1981)Master & Guardian of Kuntao arnis & Dr. Barbar stated it.Funny how you left that blup out.

Phadrus00

Blue Belt
Reaction score
monkey said:
There are probly lots you never herd of that have master ranks from the early days like Ed Farris to name 1.How do you know what went on if you werent there.I was tought private by Jose presas as well ernesto had private time.I had time with Ernesto as well as Remy private.You were not at the privates Warden took or others.But the class photo exsist & I see you failed to bring up the fact my rank was published & shown nationaly (signed & dated by Remy 1981)Master & Guardian of Kuntao arnis & Dr. Barbar stated it.Funny how you left that blup out.

Monkey,

You sent me a private message earlier today and I thought it prudent to respond to that here in the forum because I suspect that you may have sent similar messages to other members. Not that that is a bad thing but I thought it would benefit us all to address what seems to be emerging here on this thread and some others.

First of all let me state that this is a community of people who all love and train in the Arts and although we may study many different arts we all share a passion for them and a respect for accomplished practitioners and instructors. In the short time I have been here on the forum I have been VERY impressed with the caliber and knowledge of the people I have met. I write this note in appreciation to that community and hope that you take this posting in the same spirit.

It would seem that Rich has taken point on verifying your claims as to your background and status. Given the scope of your claims I think that is prudent for the community. You might be an incredible Martial Arts find or you might be a complete charlatan. I have yet to form an opinion either way and frankly am willing to wait for the preponderance of the evidence in the forms of certificates, historical notes, etc. We have a very broad and rich group here and I suspect it will be relatively easy to verify claims if they are indeed true. I would recoomend that you not take this process personally, or feel offended. You have claimed to have trained and TAUGHT WITH some of the biggest names in the Filipino and JKD Communities and those claims are not accepted without some healthy skepticism.

I sincerely hope that you have done all that you have claimed to have done because it will mean that you have a wealth of information and perspective to offer to this community. I would encourage you post any scans or copies of documents that can support your lineage as I think it would make us all more inclined to accept your background.

Regards,
Rob Masson

Rocky

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Not all FMA people are the same, anyone who trained with me back in the 80's know that I reguired a min of 6 months worth of Ground fighting before you could be an instructor, this was long before the BJJ craze. Of course most of my Ground fighting comes from my fathers blend of Ukrainian Grappling, Catch Wrestling and Judo, I just incorperated into my FMA.

However Remy use to coach Wrestling for a while back in Manilla, and he played in Judo with my father all the time, so I don't know why he never showed much to his students, but Professor was like that he kept a lot to himself I think it had to do with what he was trying to achieve and the fact that he never stayed to long at any one place and Ground fighting to be proficiant ( if its not you main thing ) is hard to pass along in a seminar.

Rocky

Playing tag as a kid at my house was tough.....I was always it and my Dad always drove the Station Wagon!

Marvin

Black Belt
Reaction score
Rocky said:
Not all FMA people are the same, anyone who trained with me back in the 80's know that I reguired a min of 6 months worth of Ground fighting before you could be an instructor, this was long before the BJJ craze. Of course most of my Ground fighting comes from my fathers blend of Ukrainian Grappling, Catch Wrestling and Judo, I just incorperated into my FMA.

However Remy use to coach Wrestling for a while back in Manilla, and he played in Judo with my father all the time, so I don't know why he never showed much to his students, but Professor was like that he kept a lot to himself I think it had to do with what he was trying to achieve and the fact that he never stayed to long at any one place and Ground fighting to be proficiant ( if its not you main thing ) is hard to pass along in a seminar.

Rocky

Playing tag as a kid at my house was tough.....I was always it and my Dad always drove the Station Wagon!

Hi Rocky, he stayed with you quite a bit back in the day, did he give you any tidbits or pass anything on to you?
Thanks
Marvin

Rocky

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Marvin said:
Hi Rocky, he stayed with you quite a bit back in the day, did he give you any tidbits or pass anything on to you?
Thanks
Marvin

Like I said he an my dad use to do lots of rolling, they would show me and sometime my friend Miguel Balboa some stuff, mostly escapes and joint manipulation to get back to our feet, He always said " Beware of the Blade" In other words in a real fight, especially in the Philipines if you wanna go to the ground and play hump your opponents leg he will probablly gut you like a fish!! Its weird how martial arts go, my father was a catch fighter so I have always tried to preach the value of ground fighting, but because catch fighting is just about the most violent along with Ukrainian Wrestling, gound fighting I have seen to date, I was always tought to get back to your feet as quickly as possible. Then when Remy would do a little dumog with us, he reafirmed the importants of getting back to you feet, and let me tell you I was at one of GM Gaji seminars where he did ground work, and that man will perform an apendectomy on your A$$ from the ground.

One time Remy and my dad were messing around in our living room with some Judo/Wrestling moves and they broke a lamp.. My dad new enough to get the hell out of Dodge...Remy wasn't smart enough he tried to reason with my mom....well she smacked him upside the head with the T.V guide about 3 times... he ran like hell...and he and my dad and I went out for Ice Cream.....My dad and Remy could pound down the Ice Cream.....even thought it would mess Remys stomach up sometimes....they loved Ice Cream

At any rate Remy called it Dumog I don't know really where he got it from, but he knew what he had to do on the ground, he obviously was no Gracie or anything like t hat but he knew what he had to...

Rocky

Marvin

Black Belt
Reaction score
Great story Rocky!
Thanks for the insights!
What is Ukrainian wrestling like? The picture I have in my mind is a Greco/Roman type style. Lot of bodylocks, etc.
Marvin

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
monkey said:

Monkey aka Tom Carnes,

I never said you were not there. You said some people were not there and that you had not seen these people. So I used your own words against you in your arguement. You did nto see the point. You do not grasp the finer details of the written language. That is fine for that does not mean one cannot be a good Martial Artist and unable to communciate as well.

I just find it hard to read what you write.

You ramble and are all over the place.

You sentence structure and such make it almost impossible to understand you at goos times and impossible at others.

In one thread you mentioned you did not have your glasses on. Well if this is an issue then always have your glasses on when you post.

If you are trying to gain respect by throwing names and ranks and titles around then you will not find it here. If you have knowledge and share it then it adds value to those titles and ranks.

So, post and post well, but do not think we know what is going on in your mind. We are not mind readers, we cannot see your face or read your lips. Go slow and type out what you want and even proof read it to make sure it says what you want it to say. This will go a long way to making your point what ever it may be.

Latest Discussions