Flores Bros Illustrated Journals

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by Goldendragon7
Hey!! Those are now collectors editions!!

:D

Collectors edition? Thats just another way to say ancient.

BREAK OUT YOUR SILVER BOW TIE AND YOUR BLACK TUX -

WE BE GOING TO THE PROM DOG!

RAIDERS!!!!!

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
It is my understanding that the Raiders would have won larger, had they not gotten so many penalties for kicking opponents in the pelvic arch! :rofl:

Dan

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by Doc
Collectors edition? Thats just another way to say ancient.
BREAK OUT YOUR SILVER BOW TIE AND YOUR BLACK TUX -
WE BE GOING TO THE PROM DOG!
RAIDERS!!!!!

ARggggggggggg

Q. Say matey......... How much do Pirates pay for earrings?

A. About A Buckanear!! (Patch on 1 eye) Arrrgggggggggggg

Tampa Bay ....... all the way.....

OP
cdhall

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Goldendragon7
You gain wisdom child!

Yes, thank you.
And once again, you were there!
:ultracool

Thank you, Mr. C this has been a considerably valuable discussion for me.
:asian:

ikenpo

Black Belt
Reaction score
Well,

After all that discussion, there is one piece of collectors' item reference material I didn't mention. J.T. Will's books on Kenpo. The Advanced Kenpo book is still the best pictured technique breakdowns I have ever seen. As a person with printing and desktop publishing & design experience I feel you'd be hard pressed to find a book that does it better. The techniques are Tracy based.

jb

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by jbkenpo
Well,

After all that discussion, there is one piece of collectors' item reference material I didn't mention. J.T. Will's books on Kenpo. The Advanced Kenpo book is still the best pictured technique breakdowns I have ever seen. As a person with printing and desktop publishing & design experience I feel you'd be hard pressed to find a book that does it better. The techniques are Tracy based.

jb

Yeah, I remember Ed Parker being pissed because JT used his terminology but incorrect examples. He picked the book clean. Even the basic punches were "off center' and not on the centerline.

ikenpo

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Doc
Yeah, I remember Ed Parker being pissed because JT used his terminology but incorrect examples. He picked the book clean. Even the basic punches were "off center' and not on the centerline.

Yeah,

That was the first book. I remember mentioning on a board a long time ago that I though he had executed many of the basics wrong and got a nice little email from a Will's blackbelt thanking me for commenting on the good layout, but not being too happy with my comments on what I thought was not correct (misaligned outward block was the thing that comes to mind right now, but there was more). The Advanced Kenpo book is strictly technique based, while the first book did the breakdown of basics.

jb

Latest Discussions