First Aide

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Knifehand said:
But why not?
I mean, do you think it is necessary to be re-certified just because some organization request it. Or for some organization to have standards? And so, what, do you think, the re-certification should take place, per intervals?

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
47MartialMan said:
I mean, do you think it is necessary to be re-certified just because some organization request it. Or for some organization to have standards? And so, what, do you think, the re-certification should take place, per intervals?
If you want to be covered by the law, and insurance, and etc I would advise keeping your certification active and valid. You dont have to to know first aid, but I'm of the opinion that you should allways CYA (Cover Your ***) and keeping your certification up is one way to do that.

7sm

Tripitaka of AA

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Just a couple of questions. five is more than a couple

1. Have u been trained in first aide - "Have you been trained in First Aid?" - Yes, but many years ago.

2. Are u currently red cross certified - "Are you currently Red Cross certified?" Sadly, no. Long since lapsed.

3. should advanced students be trained in the methods? Yes. In an ideal world we all would be, regardless of employment, etc.

4. Have you encountered teachers/instructors who did not know what to do during an injury? "during" an injury?...Good preparation before an activity to prevent the injury, suitable treatment after an injury to promote effective healing and prevent further damage... but "during an injury"?

5. Does everyone know where the first aide kit is located in ur school.
Does everyone in the school know where the First Aid kit is located? Probably not, but this is a very good point. Foresight, common sense and attention to detail are important. Getting the small things right can help everyone achieve the most from the experience.

Sorry about the spelling sidetrack, but if no-one ever points out the error, how will you ever correct it? "Lift your knee higher before making that side-kick, it will be better..."

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Actually, a couple by definition(s) is not merely "two". From a later and/or other definition(s) is.. 4 -A few; several.....

ginshun

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
digitalronin said:
just a couple of questions.

1. Have u been trained in first aide

2. Are u currently red cross certified

3. should advanced students be trained in the methods

4. Have you encountered teachers/instructors who did not know what to do during an injury?

5. Does everyone know where the first aide kit is located in ur school.
1. Yes, I used to be a lifegaurd at a local pool.
2. Nope, not for a while now.
3. Yes
4. No
5. No, I have never looked. Our class is held at a fitness club, I will make it a point to look tonight.

Latest Discussions