Find Registered Sex Offenders near you.

Discussion in 'Horror Stories' started by Bob Hubbard, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Yeti

Yeti Black Belt

No need to apologize at all - this is great input. Seems I need to contact the state to be sure. I do know he works nights and does stay at home during the day with his kids. Other than that, I'm only speculating. If I can get anything worthwhile, I'll post back and let you know.

2. HelloKitty

HelloKitty Green Belt

I wouldn't want my children near people like these while we wait to know if they have really changed or not...

I think precaution for home is more important than "hurt feelings" or people already catched by sex crimes. Sorry if somebody is offended by my words, but it's my humble opinion.

3. ihraxhunnie

ihraxhunnie White Belt

crazy to find there is an offender with a history of rape within .02 miles of my school...

even more disturbing to know that my school isnt just 9-12 but pre k-12...

and another on the other side of him and one more a few houses down...

4. Keith Kirkendall

Keith Kirkendall Yellow Belt

Thankfully, the Van Wert County Sherriff's Department has a good website to keep updated on sex offenders.

5. Flea

Flea Beating you all over those fries!

• MartialTalk Mentor
    I've struggled with this for a while. My neighborhood is seedy by any definition; a few weeks ago I told a LEO acquaintance what street I lived on and he immediately laughed - "Oh the neighborhood with all the crack whores and stabbings and shootings and robberies and gang activity?" :hb: Yeah, that one.

A few of my neighbors have looked up the registry and have told me that we're basically saturated with offenders. It may not be the most effective approach, but ... I already know that this place is an armpit. I already know the areas and people to avoid, and I'm getting a handle on basic SD. I wouldn't mind looking up the registry if I could forget the information at will, but I can't and I just feel swamped with paranoia as it is. Maybe once I feel more "empowered" with the MA.

Call me irresponsible, but I'm just not ready yet. Maybe not ever.

6. Thems Fighting Words

Thems Fighting Words Green Belt

I love how you Americans have this publicly accessible register. In Australia our government and doesn't allow us to have one and we can't even challenge it by individually creating a publicly run register because we don't have the right to free speech in our constitution whereas sex offenders have the right to privacy. :rules:

7. Flea

Flea Beating you all over those fries!

• MartialTalk Mentor
    Okay, after having gone back and read my last post I felt a little embarrassed and looked it up. There are two on my block, and another 6 in a 3-block radius around me. Bizarre as it seems to say, it's not as bad as I thought.

The sad thing is that I recognized the photo of one of them. Not someone I would have spent any time with anyway, but it was interesting to know. It's ironic that the one thing that forces me out at night is also the one thing that (so far) protects me from boogeymen. His photo is at the top left of this post. :)

8. astrobiologist

astrobiologist Brown Belt

Thanks for the link. I'm glad this information is out there.

9. Ronin74

Ronin74 Brown Belt

Holy $H!

I just looked it up for my neighborhood. Why is there one living across the street from a local elementary school?

10. Brmty2002

Brmty2002 Orange Belt

Lol! Apparently Australia doesn't have any!