Fighting with just your hands!

if it goes that far, i would just hope to survive the encounter. Without you legs if is very hard to fight. Not impossible though. Besides when your adrenaline is going you can do alot more than what you think you can. I would hope i know enough though to either talk my way out of the situation or try to hold my own with what i have.

OP
T

Tony

Black Belt
Reaction score
I was just looking at Satansbarber kenpo website and I saw some amazing clips. It appears that Kenpo focuses a lot on fast hand speed so I can see this being very beneficial in a real encounter.

Trent

Green Belt
Reaction score
8253 said:
...I would hope i know enough though to either talk my way out of the situation or try to hold my own with what i have.

I'm sure that is the wish of everyone. However, depending upon the places you go and your profession or avocation, you just never know. Good reasons to train though.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A good way to use just your hands is by sitting in a wheel chair and defending yourslef. It also gives you an idea of what a person confinded to a chair can and can not do

Eldritch Knight

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I like the idea of practicing from a sitting position. I'll have to pass that idea along to my instructor. As for the tight pants situation, I'd go with the traditional locks, breaks, and gouges, but I'd add an element of shock to it as well to use my enemy's instinctual fear response against him. Essentially, I'd use as many face strikes as possible, preferably from the sides and behind, and probably add a warlike kiai to that for emphasis. It may not do much, but as long as the entire combat takes less than 10 seconds, it might him enough pause for you to take him down.

On a related note, the Shotokan master at my school has been confined to a wheelchair for most of his life. He's a really old guy, but that doesn't make him incapable of effectively defending himself.

H

hkg

OC Kid said:
Shouldnt be a problem as in any good system a student should be profiecient with his hands and his feet.
i agree here, if u practice in a effective art then yes u ar at a disadvanage but not to the point of u bein useless u still should be more than capable of defendin urself. good question tho that mjs said about should u use more force, will think on that!

GAB

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
One of the first thoughts that comes to mind!

What are the consequences of using your hands only, then using your feet also.

I like to use my hands to protect and retaliate, my feet to move in and out of danger. Each situation needs to be handled, standing on its own merit.
If you use your feet in a street brawl and have a shoe on them, in my State you will go to jail for ADW (assault deadly weapon).

Something to think about, protect one's self with your hands, go to jail if you use your feet.. Fast hands are very effective..Regards, G (Old Kaju guy)

Latest Discussions