Fighting With A Blackthorn

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
i used to barrow my uncles blackthorn when he was alive and i was visiting him in SF. great feel and well a great weapon.

by the way great and fun way to get some good techniques with it is go find a group of SCA people and play a bit in armor. you will be surprised how that kind of full speed work teaches you things

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
i got my brother a blackthorn from pug ugly for christmas last year. i don't have a large basis for comparison, but it seemed like a fine stick.

http://www.lollysmith.com/irblwast2.html

jf
I've also had one of these for a number of years. Very lightweight and fast, as well as small enough to be inconspicuous. One thing I've been meaning to do, though, is find a rubber tip for it. The tip is smaller than most sticks. If anyone hs a good resource, would love to hear about it.

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've also had one of these for a number of years. Very lightweight and fast, as well as small enough to be inconspicuous. One thing I've been meaning to do, though, is find a rubber tip for it. The tip is smaller than most sticks. If anyone hs a good resource, would love to hear about it.

they come in varying sizes; the one i got my bro was 1 1/4" thick. it felt a little awkward to me at first, but after playing around with it i got used to it.

as far as tips, they have rubber & brass ferrules at the site http://www.lollysmith.com/wlstac.html
i got a brass one to go with my brother's stick, it slipped right on & was firmly in place with a couple taps.

jf

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
One thing I've been meaning to do, though, is find a rubber tip for it. The tip is smaller than most sticks. If anyone hs a good resource, would love to hear about it.
Hardware stores and home improvement stores.

Hardware stores will sell rubber tips in various sizes and home improvement stores as well, also rubber chair feet.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hardware stores and home improvement stores.

Hardware stores will sell rubber tips in various sizes and home improvement stores as well, also rubber chair feet.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Never thought about that...

Latest Discussions