Fight Quest - Discovery Channel

OP
John Bishop

John Bishop

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's a media type slide show. You should see a media player with a start arrow.

OP
John Bishop

John Bishop

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
More pics:

Attachments

• $fq.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 382
  • $fq2.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 417
  • $fq3.jpg
    $fq3.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 384
OP
John Bishop

John Bishop

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Here's the schedule for this season:

WUSHU; SANDA
Masters: Shi DeYang/Shi De Cheng
Features: Hands, Feet, smashing things
Premiere: Dec. 28, 2007

KALI
Masters: Cristino Vasquez/Leo T. Gaje Jr.
Features: Knives, sticks
Premiere: Jan. 4, 2008

KYOKUSHIN KARATE
Masters: Shihan Yuzo Goda/Shihan Isamu Fukuda
Features: Hands, feet, smashing things
Premiere: Jan. 11, 2008

BOXING
Masters: Ignacio "Nacho" Beristain/Tiburcio Garcia
Features: Hands
Premiere: Jan. 18, 2008

PENCAK SILAT
Masters: Rita Suwanda/Dadang Gunawan
Features: Hands, feet, throws, weapons
Premiere: Jan. 25, 2008
SAVATE
Masters: Christian Robert, Frank May/Frederic Baret
Features: Hands, feet
Premiere: Feb. 1, 2008

HAPKIDO
Masters: Kim Nam Je, Bae Sung Book/Ju Soong Weo
Features: Feet, hands, throws
Premiere: Feb. 8, 2008

BRAZILIAN JIU-JITSU
Masters: Breno Sivak, Renato Barreto
Features: Grappling
Premiere: Feb. 15, 2008

KRAV MAGA
Masters: Ran Nakkash, Avivit Oftek Cohen
Features: Everything that hurts
Premiere: Feb. 22, 2008

KAJUKENBO
Masters: Charles Gaylord/Greg Harper
Features: Hands, feet, throws
Premiere: Feb. 28, 2008

More info:
http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/fightquest/fightquest.html

KenG

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
i finally saw a commercial for this show.. but it said the first onw was jan 4th.... either way im very interested...

KENPOJOE

Brown Belt
Reaction score
FIGHT QUEST - KAJUKENBO

Fight Quest will be a Discovery Channel prime time flagship program of the Spring and Summer of 2008, airing in 80 countries worldwide.
They will be filming a episode on Kajukenbo November 28 through December 6 , 2007. Doing the work for the Discovery network is North South Productions. A New York-based Producer of documentary series for most of the major cable channels.
In this series, two American martial art students, Jimmy Smith and Doug Anderson, travel the globe to investigate different schools of martial arts. From an intense form of stick fighting in the Philippines (Kali) to studying Muay Thai in Thailand. Jimmy and Doug immerse in each culture, learn about its history, train in their traditional martial art, and ultimately, test their skills and courage against a local fighter skilled in the art. The students enthusiastically embrace the teachings of their instructors and the traditional rituals of the cultures, while struggling to learn a fighting style that they will have to put into action after less than a week of training. They are along for their visceral, educational, and sometimes dangerous journey through the worlds most renowned and respected fight forms.

The students will be trained individually by a different "Master Trainer" at a training facility over approximately a week-long duration. At the end of the week, each of the students will go head to head in a fight with a few of the master's experienced students to see how much they've learned . During the week, the extremely respectful, curious, patient and hard-working students would be at the mercy of the instructors - following their every command, working and training on the same level as any of the others at the facility. Because the program will also be looking at the culture surrounding Kajukenbo - the instructors and others at the facility will introduce the students to special ceremonies, traditions of the martial art and customs, etc.

Grandmaster Charles Gaylord will head up this episode. He will also be one of the "Master Trainers" along with Prof. John Bono, putting one of the students through a week of Kajukenbo Training in the Hayward (Calif.)training facility.

Professor Greg Harper will also be one of the "Master Trainers" putting one of the students through a week of Kajukenbo Training in the San Jose (Calif.) training facility.

For more information on North South Productions and the show please visit the web site at www.northsouth.tv and click on Fight Quest.
Hi folks!
If you look on the Discovery Channel today,you'll see that there will be a sneak preview on December 28th! With That actual series start on January 4! There are updates and new pages on the site now! Thx to John Bishop for this info!
BEGOOD,
KENPOJOE

Loki

Black Belt
Reaction score
Loki: Doug really spoke highly of the Krav guys, and their realistic fighting style.

Did you see the Daly Show interview? I was there when Avivit elbowed him in the face, I was a bit shocked myself :p

Also, the pics you put up: I've never heard of Kajukenbo, and therefore anything I say is sheer prejudice, but that looks like a biker MA if I've ever seen one (no disrespect intended, just kinda funny first impression)

OP
John Bishop

John Bishop

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Did you see the Daly Show interview? I was there when Avivit elbowed him in the face, I was a bit shocked myself :p

Also, the pics you put up: I've never heard of Kajukenbo, and therefore anything I say is sheer prejudice, but that looks like a biker MA if I've ever seen one (no disrespect intended, just kinda funny first impression)

A few of the guys like their Harleys. In fact we filmed a self defense scene in a biker bar, don't know if it will make the final cut.

OP
John Bishop

John Bishop

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jimmy and Doug on the "Carson Daly Show"

Last edited by a moderator:

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

It's just some of the type of guys that like the art. There's tons of bouncers, cops, bikers, High School teachers ;) etc. that take up Kajukenbo. If what you do works, you'll attract people who need something that works.

dru123

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
It's just some of the type of guys that like the art. There's tons of bouncers, cops, bikers, High School teachers ;) etc. that take up Kajukenbo. If what you do works, you'll attract people who need something that works.

Don't forget about the computer geeks (myself) :). Also, I know there is a minister as well. We have the whole Ying and Yang thing going for us.

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Don't forget about the computer geeks (myself) :). Also, I know there is a minister as well. We have the whole Ying and Yang thing going for us.

You're right, I forgot about the sadistic Computer Geeks that like to take it beyond the keyboard.

Violent preachers I'm used to. My pastors used to practice the "Laying on of Hands" on me and forget to pray half the time when I was a kid.

OP
John Bishop

John Bishop

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We invited the Fight Quest guys out to Anaheim (Ca.) for the Disney Martial Arts Festival for a meet and greet.

fightquestJohnsmall.jpg

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
John did you get to talk to them about any of the training they have recieved and what they tought of it? Which was the hardest and which was the easiest for them.

Latest Discussions