Food for thought: a seperated at birth query,
Feynman and SGM Ed Parker. Look closely at the
noted Feynman diagrams and the Universal Pattern
both that take complex ideas and concepts and presents
them in their more simplified component parts, where the
product truly exceeds the sum of its parts..see the synergy
of unifying mind, body, and spirit.

although I doubt Mr. Parker spent as much time in Strip Clubs
devising his ideas!! But some of the techniques...nevermind!

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No problem, BKSB, though the thread should really have been started in the 'Locker Room' forum. If we keep it short, no biggie. If not, I'll just move it :)

I'm not familiar enough with American Kenpo to know about any diagrams similar to Feynman diagrams, but you've piqued my curiosity.

What I find inspiring about Feynman...well, one of the many things...is the joy he took in figuring out the most simplest of things. There is a story in one of his books (Possibly "...Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman", but I'm unsure), where he noticed something interesting about the rotation of an emblem on a spinning plate (or something equally mundane) and spent the next few hours dissecting the problem and working out a mathematical/physical relation. The result really served no purpose, other than to provide some pleasure in deriving it.

The same idea can be applied to martial arts. Find a techniqe, principle, or application, and just enjoy dissecting it; finding out why it works one way, why it won't another, and how to get it to work when it really shouldn't. Try to work it into unfamiliar patterns or situations. Just have fun with it.

Cthulhu
Huh...I managed to drag this thread back on topic :)