Favorite Submission

stonewall1350

Blue Belt
Reaction score
So how about it? What is your favorite submission? Why? Is it your best or most frequent? No? How come?

So for me: I love the knee bar. Itis just ahead of a triangle. Something about it just seems so deceptive. I don't even get it often. And my favorite way to get it is from my back on a standing opponent. Anyone else?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I love collar chokes, but I'm only comfortable with one, but it's my favorite go to technique from bottom position. Other than that, arm bar, usually upside down.

kuniggety

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
When it comes to frequency, it's probably a toss up between the good old arm bar and triangle. It really depends on position and gi vs nogi. I occasionally go for collar chokes but it usually gets me swept. The exception is the bow and arrow choke. I'm a pretty big fan of the Americana and the kimura. My style of BJJ is pretty vanilla but I still catch the submissions. I've never been a big leg/foot lock guy but then again I haven't really trained them. I have caught a straight ankle lock or two and have had people try them on me but I've never been caught by one... I have longer legs and a flexible ankle.

MAfreak

Purple Belt
Reaction score
i like kimura, toe hold and rnc very much, depending on the situation.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So how about it? What is your favorite submission? Why? Is it your best or most frequent? No? How come?

So for me: I love the knee bar. Itis just ahead of a triangle. Something about it just seems so deceptive. I don't even get it often. And my favorite way to get it is from my back on a standing opponent. Anyone else?

I think knee bars and ankle locks are my least favourite ones put on me lol, I like doing them though:D