Favorite Movie Of All Time

monkey

Brown Belt
Reaction score
For Action & comedy City Hunter-This is the 1st time the game Street Fighter was used right & well done.The version VanDamm did was not even close. For drama Syanara with Garner For historicly interesting Gettysburge & for the best west-I have to go with the idea that never was filmed as wrote & changed to Kung fu---The original was ( Way of the Warrior ) this was set to justif the puching & kicking from shaolin but in the west time era.

Raewyn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This is nothing to do with Martial Arts but my favorite movies of all time would have to be the Lord of the Rings................... I AM A KIWI!! :)

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Casablanca.

HumphreyBogartPicture.jpg

'nuff said.

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Trivial answer: anything at all with Colin Farrell ha!
Right now: Constantine and prolly just because I am almost absurdly infatuated with Tilda Swinton
My fav underrated movie: Spy Game.. I love espionage films and Redford and Pitt pffft I would be mad not to and I have to mention both Bournes and both Transporters which are just the best action films there have been recently imNsvho
A random pick: LA Confidential for an amazing plot and equally amazing characters and superb ending.. Rolo Tomasi indeed .. hey I remembered ha!
My fav horror: An American Werewolf in London even if it does look very dated80s it is SO atmospheric out on the moors .. oh and best horror tip which NO ONE has heard of from a few years ago same subject werewolves.. Dog Soldiers wow what a thing and I would recommend to anyone liking real guns real infantry and very big werewolves what a combination ha! oh and I cannot forget Sean of the Dead which is the best british film in yonks
My fav sci fi: forget all your Serenitys and XMen which are great and I love them SO much but Close Encounters I think will never be beat regardless of how cleverly cgi can fool out our eyes nowadays oh and I managed to make that very pilgrimage out to Devil's Tower too which was sweeeeeet though the folk I met there are all space cadets I will say.. ha!

but if I had to pick ONE only it is always for me The Truman Show for presenting a case that ANY circumstance can be overcome no matter how omnipotent it appears and further that it can be overcome with poise dignity and integrity

sorry for meandering everywhere and round the houses for a nearcut..

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I like your format, Jenna!

Trivial answer: irreverent movies of any type
Right now: House Of Flying Daggers for it's atmosphere, photography and stunning double-crosses
My fav underrated movie: The Fifth Element and 12 Monkeys. Bruce did good!
A random pick: Time Bandits. First thing that came to mind.
My fav horror: Hellraider II, to start. Saw I & II and, maybe, Hostel
My fav sci fi: Fifth Element, again
Overall: The Princess Bride. I mean, 'My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!' Need I say more?

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
OnlyAnEgg said:

Trivial answer: irreverent movies of any type
Right now: House Of Flying Daggers for it's atmosphere, photography and stunning double-crosses
My fav underrated movie: The Fifth Element and 12 Monkeys. Bruce did good!
My fav horror: Hellraider II, to start. Saw I & II and, maybe, Hostel
My fav sci fi: Fifth Element, again
Overall: The Princess Bride. I mean, 'My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!' Need I say more?

And Egg my friend, you are liking Fifth Element purely for the storyline for those supercool gun things and Bruce and sneaky Gary O and for visual appeal of the photography and not in any way for the visual appeal of Ms Jovovich which would not even be in the equation, ha!

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jenna said:
And Egg my friend, you are liking Fifth Element purely for the storyline for those supercool gun things and Bruce and sneaky Gary O and for visual appeal of the photography and not in any way for the visual appeal of Ms Jovovich which would not even be in the equation, ha!

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

rofl! Of course Milla is in the equation! A most lovely woman. She is, also, a fine actress and the cast all seemed quite pleased with the work they were doing. Overall, one of my favorites for the range of acting, the humor, the editing and the gun you mentioned. Oh yeah, and the guy in the hallway, too!

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
OnlyAnEgg said:

Ah, Time Bandits. That was one of the first movies we got for our video disk player (anyone have or remember those?). I really liked most of the movie, but always hated the ending. "Mom. . .Dad. . .Don't touch it. . .It's evil!"

The Princess Bride. I like ALL of that movie.

green meanie

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Jeebers, even with the excellent format that Jenna has provided it's still hard to narrow down the list.

Trivial answer: until the screw it up, anything with superheroes running around is a safe bet
Right now: I don't know. Feel like I'm in between favorites at the moment
My fav underrated movie: The Shadow
A random pick: Last of the Mohicans
My fav horror: Dracula
My fav sci fi: Dune, the Sci Fi Channel version
Overall: Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Original Star Wars Trilogy, Shawshank Redemption, and Gladiator are all in the running for the top spot.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
green meanie said:
Jeebers, even with the excellent format that Jenna has provided it's still hard to narrow down the list.

Trivial answer: until the screw it up, anything with superheroes running around is a safe bet
You mean they haven't yet???

Hmm... (thinking).... what about... Hulk, Electra, Daredevil to name a couple?

green meanie

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
MA-Caver said:
You mean they haven't yet???

Hmm... (thinking).... what about... Hulk, Electra, Daredevil to name a couple?

True. I did cast a pretty big net didn't I? Fantastic Four wasn't very 'fantastic' either was it? Oh well, they can't all be winners I guess and in my defense it was the 'Trivial answer' so it was meant to be broad based and generalized. I'm still pretty happy with the way Spiderman and Xmen are going and the Batman Begins turned out. :asian:

fnorfurfoot

Senior Master
Reaction score
Trivial answer: Most of Mel Gibson's movies. Lethal Weapon series, Braveheart, The Patriot, Forever Young, etc.
Right now: The Last Samurai
My fav underrated movie: Make fun of me if you want but I like Kevin Costner movies like Robin Hood (regardless of an absent accent), Waterworld, and The Postman
A random pick: Father of the Bride
My fav horror: Final Destination
My fav sci fi: Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Back to the Future Trilogy, Original Star Wars Trilogy, Fifth Element, Most of the recent comic book movies
Overall: Ghostbusters

This is just off the top of my head. There are too many to really it down to one. Even by catagory.

Latest Discussions