favorite art

_the_frogg_

White Belt
Reaction score
what is your favorite art? (I do Muay thai) I would like to do taekwondo really anything that will help with my kicks but hby

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't know how to choose a favorite art. I like karate. It's great... So is kung fu. Xing Yi and tai chi are great too. I can't really choose a favorite between the 3. Personally I have no preferability. I like it all

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
Weird question because obviously everyone's going to say their own art. Unless they train multiple styles which is the case for me so I'd say Muay Thai

marques

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
what is your favorite art? (I do Muay thai) I would like to do taekwondo really anything that will help with my kicks but hby
Currently, I like kickboxing (The only thing I still know - or think I know due to weak partners). I already forgot grappling and many other things. Soon, I will not know kickboxing and I will not like it, either. :)

KenpoMaster805

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Everybodys has their favorite Art that they practice my favorite is
Shotokan and American Kenpo Karate I did Shotokan for 6 months and I was High Orange when i quit because I went back to my hometown and I took American Kenpo karate so my Favorite of the two is American kenpo karate

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Sinanju is my favorite as well. Mine, however, is not fantasy.

MI_martialist

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I like Italian Renaissance...El Greco, is great too...I really enjoy Velazquez. Opera is nice, and good music.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I really like your post. Being curious about all things if very beneficial, especially for learning and becoming rounded. My heart is in TKD (although eclectic in itself) where I have spent most of my MA time but with belted ties to Kali and Kung Fu, I feel that I am a better informed person. It is harder, and less often the traditional "community" is not seen in the Dojang. As with modern society, it is more about what have you done for me lately. This does take some of the shine and appreciation off MA. While a lot of systems are Marital, BJJ, MMA, etc..., there is little or no Art component. Not said as a negative, just as a reality. Not bad either. There are exceptional physical/mental qualities in all MA. But often comparisons are made unfairly because not all the apples are apples.

Latest Discussions