Extreme Concetration

ehsen

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Few years ago I saw a program on TV in which a guy broke a glass with only his mind's concentration (or in some cases light up a candle). I am curious are these things true. If yes how I can learn it.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
practice my young friend

I have trouble beliving anything I see on tv like that. Not saying they can not be done but I doubt that if one had the ability they would advertise it on TV

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
For a mere $80 a month plus my exclusive DVD series I can teach you to do this. No checks please. Cash in advance in small unmarked bills.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Few years ago I saw a program on TV in which a guy broke a glass with only his mind's concentration (or in some cases light up a candle). I am curious are these things true. If yes how I can learn it.

I don't believe you can control things outside yourself with "mind power", those are magicians tricks IMO. I do believe you can change things within yourself physically with it though. For instance, optimists live longer than pessimists do, and people with positive attitudes heal faster/better from illnesses or surgeries, etc. But moving objects, breaking glass, lighting candles...no.

OP
ehsen

ehsen

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
For a mere $80 a month plus my exclusive DVD series I can teach you to do this. No checks please. Cash in advance in small unmarked bills.

Are you kidding (I guess so)?

Can you give me a link to your website (if you r serious) ...

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I'll do the same for $75

Right... and I have a piece of well-irrigated land for sale, in Florida... right next to this great big bridge I bought in Brooklyn! :lol:

While I do believe that there are things that people can do that cannot be explained by current science, chances are what you saw on TV is not real. Uri Geller has been making claims that he can bend spoons, see things that are hidden, and other, similar tricks, for years - but everything he does has been duplicated using stage magic tricks.

Is it possible? Most things are. Is it likely? This is less certain to me. If I were able to do such things, I don't think I would be demonstrating on TV - I have no desire to become a lab rat, a curiosity, a tourist attraction, whatever - although since I can't do them, I can't say with complete certainty what I would do.

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
And on TV I have seen No touch knock-outs they look real to the untrained eye but reality is its not real. Think of what other things may have come into play when this person performs this: a cue for the pyrotechican, a beebee gun to the glass at a certain cue timing?
I had a friend who was very interest in moving things with his mind:
10 years of his life was waste on him trying to perform such a feat.
In the end he managed 1 thing and that one thing is-nothing.
But that is not to say you can not try 10 years for 3 hrs a day and accomplish it maybe that extra hour a day would make the difference between you and him.'

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Don't believe everything you see on TV or in person for that matter when it comes to this stuff because that majority of it is fake, possibly all of it.

Are you kidding (I guess so)?

Can you give me a link to your website (if you r serious) ...

Yes he was kidding and so was I. Or at least I HOPE he was kidding

MarkBarlow

Purple Belt
Reaction score

And if you are unable to duplicate my amazing feats, you obviously aren't applying yourself. I can't help you if you allow doubt to cloud your mind. (otherwise known as the CYA Clause.)

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was kidding.

"Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see."

Maybe there is someone who can do this. But I'd be willing to bet any stakes you want that what you say was stage magic trickery. The fraud who was running the scam could have made several million dollars off of James Randi if he'd been willing to man up and do his stuff under controlled conditions.

MarkBarlow

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I was kidding.

"Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see."

Maybe there is someone who can do this. But I'd be willing to bet any stakes you want that what you say was stage magic trickery. The fraud who was running the scam could have made several million dollars off of James Randi if he'd been willing to man up and do his stuff under controlled conditions.

In that case, just tear up my check when it arrives.

OP
ehsen

ehsen

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
What you people think about Telepathy? Is it just a dillusion or real deal.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
What you people think about Telepathy? Is it just a dillusion or real deal.
This is how I see things...

The human mind is incredible in it's ability to put things together. So, there are some people who are very gifted and have worked very hard to learn to read the hundreds or thousands of signals another person gives off, even when they say nothing. They'll do amazing things, almost seeming to read another person's mind, noting microexpressions, momentary shifts of focus, tiny hand gestures, and more. Sometimes, we do this consciously (like during a police interview or interrogation), sometimes we do it unconsciously (like when we realize our date wants a kiss), and sometimes we do it inaccurately (like when we decide the blond at the bar is interested in us).

But I also believe that the mind is capable of much more than we realize; I won't say that nobody is capable of true telepathy, or true telekinesis, or clairvoyance. But I have to fall back on the principle that extraordinary claims demand extraordinary proof. I've looked into the various versions of remote viewing; too often they're matching claims to events in hindsight. With a lot of squinting... But I expect most of us have had the experience of thinking about someone, and having them call or visit, or "knowing" who's on the other end of the phone, or just "feeling" someone looking at them. It may just be coincidence, and ignoring all the times when you thought about someone and they didn't come, or call...

Latest Discussions