Extentions

Dark Kenpo Lord

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Atlanta-Kenpo said:
DKL,

Are you stating that only those under Larry Tatum have been taught EPAK correctly?

Is that what I posted? I just stated the obvious flaws I've see amongst Kenpo practicioners.

DarK LorD

Dark Kenpo Lord

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Atlanta-Kenpo said:
DKL,

And what do you think that those flaws are?

1) Students not getting rock solid basics,ie. stances, blocks, alignment etc.

2) Not enough emphasis taught in the nature of the attack

3) Not knowing the attack

4) altering techs and forms for a specific person and teaching it that way

5) Too generic and not enough comprehension of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd person perspectives

6) What- ifing techs at too early a stage in training, not enough emphasis on ideal phase

7) Little to no knowledge of dimensional zone theory

And those are just a few I pulled off the top of my head in a rush to get to the studio in a minute.

DarK LorD

Atlanta-Kenpo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
DKL,

Those are all topics that I would completely agree with you on that are not as widely taught. Maybe you could share with the Kenpo community some of your knowlegde on these topics. Perhaps, even on your web site. I know that many of us would really appreciate it.

Dark Kenpo Lord

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Atlanta-Kenpo said:
DKL,

Those are all topics that I would completely agree with you on that are not as widely taught. Maybe you could share with the Kenpo community some of your knowlegde on these topics. Perhaps, even on your web site. I know that many of us would really appreciate it.

Well, that's a horse of a different color, people don't want to hear the truth about what they're doing unless it's good. I'm called "The Invalidator" for a reason, I make people second guess what they're doing, show them a more effective means to the end, and most times I'm ignored because it makes them work harder, or use more effort. People inherently want the easy route, I'm not willing to give it to them, and hence the closed ears. My instructor believes I'm on the right path, and it seems to mirror his own, and my depth of knowledge has increasede more in the last 3 or 4 years than any other time in my training because of him. From what I've seen, those already invested in an org. where they are happy with mediocrity will seldom listen to those that have much more to offer, RIGHT PETE? LOL.

DarK LorD

Sapper6

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Dark Kenpo Lord said:
I'm called "The Invalidator" for a reason...

DarK LorD

really? i thought people called you an *** because you made them feel sub-standard and worthless. my bad.

Reactions: MJS

Dark Kenpo Lord

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Sapper6 said:
really? i thought people called you an *** because you made them feel sub-standard and worthless. my bad.

Wow, what a nice CHRISTIAN thing to say, why am I not shocked?

OH yea, If I made you feel that way, there's a reason, it's because you are substandard and worthless!!!!!

Look at what you're doing with your taglines, promoting your own moral self-rightessnous.

DarK LorD

Dark Kenpo Lord

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Atlanta-Kenpo said:
DKL,

Ok, a few words of advice, subjugate yourself to as many Kenpoists as you possibley can, it offers contrast and the ability to think with an informed opinion.

Don't stare at the light, you'll only see the whiteness, a deeper understanding brings out the full spectrum of colors that make it that way.

DarK LorD

Sapper6

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Dark Kenpo Lord said:
Wow, what a nice CHRISTIAN thing to say, why am I not shocked?

OH yea, If I made you feel that way, there's a reason, it's because you are substandard and worthless!!!!!

DarK LorD

LOL! too funny

no worries here.

you're shocked? why? christianity=hypocrisy doesn't really apply here, to me. i was speaking more for the unspoken masses if anything else. i'm certainly not offended by your pride or candor...that's not necessarily a bad thing.

sorry to disappoint you, but, your comments certainly do not make me feel substandard and worthless. i'm not that shallow.

as i said, speaking more for others...from what i've seen, that is, in the "virtual" kenpo community.

as for "invalidator"...that's yet to be determined...regardless of who gave you that glorious title. you just have a different reference point.

"We cling to our own point of view, as though everything depended on it. Yet our opinions have no permanence; like autumn and winter, they gradually pass away."

Look at what you're doing with your taglines, promoting your own moral self-rightessnous.

if you say so. an incorrect assumption on your part.

why the need for such defensive behavior? **sigh**

cheers.:asian:

btw, i know you're real big on correcting people with typos, so i thought i'd help you out... it's self-righteousness. ;)

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
:-offtopic

Come on guys, lets avoid the name calling and personal shots and continue a friendly :) discussion about the extensions.

Mike

Dark Kenpo Lord

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Sapper6 said:
LOL! too funny

no worries here.

you're shocked? why? christianity=hypocrisy doesn't really apply here, to me. i was speaking more for the unspoken masses if anything else. i'm certainly not offended by your pride or candor...that's not necessarily a bad thing.

sorry to disappoint you, but, your comments certainly do not make me feel substandard and worthless. i'm not that shallow.

as i said, speaking more for others...from what i've seen, that is, in the "virtual" kenpo community.

as for "invalidator"...that's yet to be determined...regardless of who gave you that glorious title. you just have a different reference point.

"We cling to our own point of view, as though everything depended on it. Yet our opinions have no permanence; like autumn and winter, they gradually pass away."

if you say so. an incorrect assumption on your part.

why the need for such defensive behavior? **sigh**

cheers.:asian:

btw, i know you're real big on correcting people with typos, so i thought i'd help you out... it's self-righteousness. ;)

Yep, got me on a typo, no doubt, good for you, but you still have not contributed one thing to the thread topic of extensions.

And my question was, "why am I NOT shocked?".

DarK LorD

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Moderator Note.
Please keep the discussion at a mature, respectful level. Feel free to use the Ignore feature to ignore members whose posts you do not wish to read (it is at the bottom of each member's profile). Thank you.

-Don Goodwin-
-MT Moderator-

Latest Discussions