Extensions -- why the change?

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Goldendragon7
As everyone knows, he was working on a video series (35 or so tapes), of which only 2 were produced prior to his death. He was organizing his "written" material [curriculums], in addition to other projects {books} to go along with the videos for his organization.

If I may ask. Did Mr. Parker let people video tape him doing the forms, sets, techniques, basics, sparring techniques as he evolved the curriculum? I'm curious if people had "hidden" vaults of such tapes existing?

I purchased one of those tapes off of e-bay several months back and I don't believe it did Mr. Parker any justice for what he knew. On e-bay as well I've seen people advertise Mr. Parker doing short 4 and teaching seminars on the "set" extensions of the curriculum plus various other things from the system.
:asian: :asian: :asian: :asian:

Wes Idol

Green Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bill Lear
Didn't this happen in 1988? How many revisions happened in the three years before Mr. Parker died?

B,

Mr. Parker had been looking at his system a bit since around 1986 or so. In 1987, with the Larry Tatum separation, Mr. Parker went into full gear. Whatever the reasons, Hawkins became manager of WLA and the witness and aid to a revamp of everything...as I mentioned in the previous post. All of this revamping went on from end of 1987 to the end of 1990.

Your friend,
W

Bill Lear

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wes Idol

Mr. Parker had been looking at his system a bit since around 1986 or so. In 1987, with the Larry Tatum separation, Mr. Parker went into full gear. Whatever the reasons, Hawkins became manager of WLA and the witness and aid to a revamp of everything...as I mentioned in the previous post. All of this revamping went on from end of 1987 to the end of 1990.

I hear ya brother. Thanks for the info. :)

Latest Discussions