Exposure

G

GouRonin

Just curious. This weekend O.K.K.A. Studios gave a Kenpo camp. However a Kenpo guys who also does Systema was there. During that class I wondered what the people who were in it were thinking about what they were seeing?
:idunno:

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The Kenpo school I belong to also teaches Systema too as part of the Black Belt Club. Pretty interesting stuff so far, but I haven't been doing much of it yet.

:redcaptur

:asian:

Chuck

OP
C

Chiduce

Originally posted by Klondike93

The Kenpo school I belong to also teaches Systema too as part of the Black Belt Club. Pretty interesting stuff so far, but I haven't been doing much of it yet.

:redcaptur

Chuck
The systema sounds like a counter-part to the Army FM 21-150. Many of the technique methods and concepts are very similar to the close and medium range combat version! Sincerely, In Humility; Chiduce!:shrug:

OP
R

Rob_Broad

The systema stuff was amazing. It has had my mind racing all day. I saw stuff that I was always told wasn't right or it would be effective, and it made the bodies fall. I started off a little skeptical and half asleep but I was soaring after that class.

To me it was one of the highlights of an amazing camp.

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by Chiduce
The systema sounds like a counter-part to the Army FM 21-150. Many of the technique methods and concepts are very similar to the close and medium range combat version!/QUOTE]

As far as I know the USA military has nothing similar. In fact, many are now hiring Vlad to teach. This is nothing new as many military guys from the US are already coming to see him.

OP
K

Kenpo viking

I had a wonderful time with Martin Wheeler on the camp in London Ontario.
I believe one has to have a open mind to new thinks.

If one trys to understand the concepts of any system you can get a grasp of its ideas. You may not be able to do it but you know what you are looking for.

This is the way to find new truthes that can be tailored to yourself and your art. Systema was very interesting and fascinating I hope I can see and try more of it in a very near future. I will probably be back in August if everything goes well.

Respectfully
Ingmar Johansson
Ed Parker's Kenpo Sweden

:asian: :viking2: :viking3: :idea:

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Now I really like that signature!!!!

I'm glad to hear you had a good time. I have yet to meet Martin but I hear many good things about him.

Keep searching and sampling!

OP
G

GouRonin

The guy can definately rock in both arts.
:eek:

OP
R

Rob_Broad

Originally posted by GouRonin

The guy can definately rock in both arts.
:eek:
I am just happy we saw the relaxed happy face instead of the determine kenpo face.