Evolving

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Considering that Kenpo is a way of thinking, then expanding your way of thinking is not a bad thing.
Sean

Of course, there're some that disagree with this line of thinking. Personally, I'm all for expanding and learning. Theres so much out there. I mean, its like going to a buffet table, but only taking 1 food item, when there're so many others to pick from as well.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Of course, there're some that disagree with this line of thinking. Personally, I'm all for expanding and learning. Theres so much out there. I mean, its like going to a buffet table, but only taking 1 food item, when there're so many others to pick from as well.

You just had to use a buffet reference in a Kenpo thread... :lol:

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You just had to use a buffet reference in a Kenpo thread... :lol:

Hey, how else are we Kenpoists supposed to maintain those Kenpo bellies. LOL.

Luther

White Belt
Reaction score
Adapting things as an individual does not seem to do much for evolving the art itself at the time, it is somewhat short term by nature. It tailors it to the individual quite well. Evolution comes over time as a result of these adaptations and their applications. "Sub level 4" is an evolution" of the kenpo way of thinking from what I can see in the videos. It is not an adaptation of ground fighting techniques to the existing style of kenpo as an example. kenpo jiu jitsu sounds like an adaptation. It is not a new kenpo way or new jiu jitsu per sey. So I think the distinction should be made that adapting to modern concerns is not necessarily evolving the art itself, it is more of an addition to what you already know and using the knowledge of modern times to act accordingly or something. Just watching the SL4 videos on youtube you can see that evolution is much more than an adaptation to modern kenpo. And it sure looks really cool too. intense. I wish there was an SL4 school where I live. It looks like something I would really like to do with my Kenpo.