Everybody point and laugh at Britain

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=525785&in_page_id=1770

Britain's first 'Safe Text' street has been created complete with padded lampposts to protect millions of mobile phone users from getting hurt in street accidents while walking and texting.

Around one in ten careless Brits has suffered a "walk 'n text" street injury in the past year through collisions with lampposts, bins and other pedestrians. The 6.6million accidents have caused injuries ranging from mild knocks and embarrassing cuts and bruises through to broken noses, cheekbones and even a fractured skull.

Sounds like a parakeet I had once. Damn thing kept flying into the windows.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
We could use padded roads and big "beanbag" cars here.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:lol2:. Oy, protecting people from their own inability to keep themselves safe. I'm telling ya, stop with the protection and the warnings and let the human race evolve why don't ya.?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm not laughing. I'm seeing a certain US Senator adding a requirement that cell phone users wear a safety helmet to upcoming legislation. We have helmet laws for bikes, skateboards, roller skates and motercycles...soon, texting.

OP
CoryKS

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm not laughing. I'm seeing a certain US Senator adding a requirement that cell phone users wear a safety helmet to upcoming legislation. We have helmet laws for bikes, skateboards, roller skates and motercycles...soon, texting.

Sorry, I'm drawing a blank on which senator you are referring to. The only name that comes to mind is Sonny Bono but, whoops, too late.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sorry, I'm drawing a blank on which senator you are referring to. The only name that comes to mind is Sonny Bono but, whoops, too late.
Yeah, I was thinking Kennedy but that would be oxygen tanks in the back seats of cars.:roflmao:

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can truthfully state I once had a curvy blonde girlfriend show up for a night out in a tight leather outfit.... a guy across the street was staring and bounced off a light pole.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well that's perfectly understandable, Grydth, whereas mobile-phone users all deserve to shot through the lungs (and fingers) rather than protected from the consequences of their behaviour.

One of the demonic inventions of mankind, second only to nuclear weapons in their malign influence.

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well that's perfectly understandable, Grydth, whereas mobile-phone users all deserve to shot through the lungs (and fingers) rather than protected from the consequences of their behaviour.

One of the demonic inventions of mankind, second only to nuclear weapons in their malign influence.

I have to confess this wasn't nearly the worst thing we did. I was dating her while I was in the Army, and in this unit we used to get sent all over the planet. We knew the commander liked to have ceremonies upon our return at the airport, patriotism/morale and all. So we had the idea of asking our wives and girlfriends to meet us at the airport...... dressed in the worst slutwear they could find. The ladies happily agreed. We get off the plane home, after not seeing them for awhile, to find an amazing array of wild outfits awaiting us. The Colonel tries to get a formation formed to address, but there's now a near riot going on. It all fell apart and we took off to catch up on lost time. The Colonel was a great guy, he had to have known it was planned.... then again, we did all get sent to the Middle East shortly after that......

Latest Discussions