Every second counts

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I remember this event in the Tokyo olympics, and felt for this young man, and the lesson he learnt about not taking anything for granted, use every second.
An inspiring video

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember this event in the Tokyo olympics, and felt for this young man, and the lesson he learnt about not taking anything for granted, use every second.
An inspiring video

There was a big scandal though about him being picked for the Olympics ( London, Tokyo is this year) though over someone who was the world number one and European champion, there was a big outcry in the media as well as investigations by the Olympic committee and the WTF, GB TKD wouldn't back down despite Lutelo being 58 places below the world champion. The person he was chosen over was Aaron Cook who was left with no Olympic place and hasn't competed for the UK since, his TKD career was ruined.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ah wow... that would have been devastating for him for sure. Will definitely be watching the TKD, and the newly added karate which should be interesting..

I'm pumped for this Olympics! Just incredible, these athletes train hard for four years (obviously other competitions in between) to compete at this, such a massive event.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah wow... that would have been devastating for him for sure. Will definitely be watching the TKD, and the newly added karate which should be interesting..

I'm pumped for this Olympics! Just incredible, these athletes train hard for four years (obviously other competitions in between) to compete at this, such a massive event.

I wouldn't get too excited yet though, they may not happen.

OP
Gweilo

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
There was a big scandal though about him being picked for the Olympics ( London, Tokyo is this year) though over someone who was the world number one and European champion, there was a big outcry in the media as well as investigations by the Olympic committee and the WTF, GB TKD wouldn't back down despite Lutelo being 58 places below the world champion. The person he was chosen over was Aaron Cook who was left with no Olympic place and hasn't competed for the UK since, his TKD career was ruined.

Yeah, thats the thing I dont like about British selection commities, they do this quite often, in olympic events and cricket. These things dont happen in proper sports, like Darts ;)

theboxer

White Belt
Reaction score

Damn, corruption at its finest.