Every day carry self defense weapon

Billy02

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
What is the best everyday carry self defense weapon? and why?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's the one(s) you're best trained with and can legally carry in your area.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Geez buddy get over it you've asked this question about 10 times

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score

One of these:

The-Matrix-Very-Detailed-Armored-Personnel-Unit-Paper-Model.jpg

Because why not...

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm sure I've answered this before?????????????

Something that is a) at least arguably legal, can fit about your person and is within your skill set to use effectively,

I've fought very effectively with pool cues, , there's always one just lying about in my car, but a bit of a problem to walk around with every day, there was a time when I made a Habbit it Of carry a claw hammer with me, I had an inside pocket , that it fitted in just nicely, I've no idea if it was an Good wEPon, as if I pulled it out, no one wanted to fight me, so extremely effective in its own way, I had a road rage incident, where the guy jump out with a big kitchen knife, I pulled my hammer out and he jumped back in again and drove off

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
The absolute best everyday carry take anywhere self defense weapon...Your basic common sense to be aware of what is happening around you and self control to leave; if possible.
Get some good physical fighting skills empty hand and with any thing you can put in your hand/s, condition yourself physically and mentally to be able to fight 'IF THAT IS THE ONLY RECOURSE'.

"Why?"
Because that is what you will always have with you no matter where you may be or what is or is not available to you.
Anything else is simply what you feel is most convenient, for you.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
A backpack sized thermonuclear warhead. With it, you can kill the enemy. All of them. Gone for good. And all of their cats and dogs and sheep and cattle and chickens. Every last remnant of the dirty bastards.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
A picture of my Mother-in-law. It has been known to turn people into stone.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Glock 19....perfect size for concealed carry

That's the gun I carry 99% of the time.

I like my Glock 27 a little better than my 19 for concealed carry. But both are good.

I prefer the higher capacity of the 9mm over the .40, so when the 19 is too big to conceal, I carry a 26.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Raven25.jpg

Don't make fun of my Raven 25. Been carrying one forever.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
I prefer the higher capacity of the 9mm over the .40, so when the 19 is too big to conceal, I carry a 26

Yeah 9mm round performs just as good as the .40 so you are better off with the higher capacity imho

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't make fun of my Raven 25. Been carrying one forever.

33e.php

Yeah 9mm round performs just as good as the .40 so you are better off with the higher capacity imho

The FBI, and all the available science, agrees. With handguns, "knock down power" and "cavitation" are myths. All that matters is "did you hit something vital" and for that, accuracy and capacity are the two major factors.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
The FBI, and all the available science, agrees. With handguns, "knock down power" and "cavitation" are myths. All that matters is "did you hit something vital" and for that, accuracy and capacity are the two major factors.

IMHO after 9mm you don’t see enough of a difference until you get to .45 cal.

But I might be a little bias to the .45 cal.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
IMHO after 9mm you don’t see enough of a difference until you get to .45 cal.

But I might be a little bias to the .45 cal.

It is a bias, nothing more. The penetration and expansion characteristics of modern defensive ammo are very well engineered. Do you know how I can tell if a person was shot with a .380 or a .45ACP? Take the bullet out and measure it. That's the only way. The damage to the human body is identical, regardless of (handgun) caliber.
All bias to the contrary (and I like the .45ACP too) there's no functional difference. My bedside gun is a .45 ACP. Why? Because that round is inherently subsonic, and since my bedside gun is suppressed, it makes it easier to find ammo.

Kong Soo Do

IKSDA Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with DD on this one. With modern handgun ammunition, the difference in terminal performance is minuscule. Penetration and shot placement are far more important than velocity and caliber. A projectile needs enough velocity to reach the target, penetrate to a vital and expand as designed (assuming a hollow point). Anything extra only negatively affects follow up shot speed and accuracy.

OP
B

Billy02

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Geez buddy get over it you've asked this question about 10 times
4 times actually. i think people ask things again and again, either a bad incident happened or a good one, both you remember n talk about.