Reaction score
Kreth said:
Nah, we just need to find a hummer or semi to hide under... :lol:

That's about it or an 18 wheeler

Gman

White Belt
Reaction score
Drac said:
Don't know how often but I've heard horror stories...It must have occured with enough frequency to have Ford make it a standard item on their Crown Vic cruisers...

Heck, it's standard on my 2002 mustang.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Gman said:
Heck, it's standard on my 2002 mustang.

I didn't know that, but then I have not had the chance to examine the trunk of a Ford Mustang..In one of the books I got at a Street Survival seminar they featured the "how-to" escape from a trunk with an electric trunk release by stripping wires etc...etc..Sounds like too much work..Staying alert I think would work better..

Gman

White Belt
Reaction score
Drac said:
I didn't know that, but then I have not had the chance to examine the trunk of a Ford Mustang..In one of the books I got at a Street Survival seminar they featured the "how-to" escape from a trunk with an electric trunk release by stripping wires etc...etc..Sounds like too much work..Staying alert I think would work better..

Agreed.

medic911

White Belt
Reaction score
I would think that the odds of being locked in a car's trunk are pretty remote (certainly very low on my list of likely real-life scenerios) but if it ever happened, I always figured the odds were good that there would be a spare tire and jack under the trunk's false floorboard.

Just use the jack to pop the trunk open.

;)

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, that would be a rough way to go..The harrassment/jokes at your expense from your brother and sister officers will be merciless..Worse than that would be having to explain to the Chief HOW it happened...

Speaking of harrassment/jokes a friend of mine drove a cruiser into a lake while on duty. He never has lived that down.

oddball

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I've never thought of trying it (mainly becuase it would involve property damage that I cannot afford), but what happens if one kicks from the inside of a car outwards? Like, most cars are now built to fold/collapse, and it's kind of easy to leave indentations in the metal with a little force/weight. So, anyone ever done something like that?

For the people that can't quite hide underneath a car -
You're better off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've never thought of trying it (mainly becuase it would involve property damage that I cannot afford), but what happens if one kicks from the inside of a car outwards? You're better off.

That's providing you have enough room to generate a good blow..In some of these tiny trunks I wonder..It's the truck catch that will be the real butt ache.

shrek

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Most cars since 2000 not only have trunk releases but a little light in there that stays on after the trunk is closed for a short period of time...so you can find the little yellow handle that says TRUNK RELEASE!

On older cars you can usually pry it open with the tire iron if you've taken the time to study a few in a junkard. Or if you carry a pocketknife like a good lil boy scout there are other alternatives ;)

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
On older cars you can usually pry it open with the tire iron

That's IF you can locate the tire iron..In the trunks of SOME of the vehicles I've searched I've found EVERYTHING but the tire iron...

charyuop

Black Belt
Reaction score
I like the idea of running around the car, a little less the idea of hiding under the car. From under the car you have very little room to move and for sure not to do quick movements. It would be very hard to avoid a knife swinging at you with the intent of making you get out of there...
Just my 2 cents.

Shaderon

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I can't see anyone kicking their way out of a car-boot (trunk) from any of the cars I know least alone mine! It took a trained mechanic a long time to unjam the back of the bulbs enough to slip his fingers through a gap and prise out one of the brake lights, I had a look while he was doing it, it would be the wrong angle, the wrong shape and near impossible to do in the dark. I also don't like the idea of being trapped under a car with an assailant able to run round it and get in front of wherever you want to come out, I always remember a book I read as a teenager, it advised never to hide anywhere there wasn't an alternate exit where the assailant couldn't head you off quicker than you could get there. To instead run like hell and yell "help fire". Damn good advice in my books.

I do like the running round the car idea, and the fighting like a cornered cat. I feel confident that any assailant that tries to grab me would find himself hurt at least even if he won. I've heard that if they don't specifically want you, then if they are likely to get hurt or seen by someone else, they have a high chance of moving on to someone else. Not nice to think about but rather her than me buddy!

Of course my distance running would help too, doing that I've learnt, if it hurts, keep going, rather dead rubbery legs and immense pain than them getting you.