escaping from a trunk? if aducted?

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Just got thru reading "Strong on Defense". Great stuffs on what to do if you are being kidnap.

If you can use your legs when stuff in the trunk (when car is moving)..kick out the tail lights,made of plastic, wave your hands/foot or anything..to let the cars in back call for police/help.

Another one is run under the car/cars and grab something to hold on...hard to pull someone out if they are holding with all there might. (Park cars)

or to escape being caught...move under the car to the other side..or run around the car. (it happen to a lady who kept running to the others side..after 5 times of this..the guy left.)

Fear will freeze alot of people...do not think about...getting hurt/injury/kill..it may happen anyway....think...you are not going to do this to me (rape)....FIGHT BACK! (he's planning on hurting you any way).

You do not want to be taken to a secondary place! ..where things will get worst...FIGHT BACK...there maybe no tommorrow anyway...but at least you tried...and may even succeed...too!

....As a whole the world is a safe place....and it may never happen to you...still we need to remind ourselves to practice awareness..and to FIGHT BACK.....because tomorrow may not come....

Have a nice day...simile...enjoy the world...it will be there tomorrow...Aloha

Henderson

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
still learning said:
You do not want to be taken to a secondary place! ..where things will get worst...FIGHT BACK...there maybe no tommorrow anyway...but at least you tried...and may even succeed...
I believe this is the key to surviving abduction. There is no way in hell you should ever allow yourself to be taken to a secondary location.

still learning said:
....As a whole the world is a safe place....and it may never happen to you...still we need to remind ourselves to practice awareness..and to FIGHT BACK.....because tomorrow may not come....
A great majority of potentially bad situations will be avoided if only people utilized good awareness. WE are born with a thing called intuition. Don't try to explain it. It's there. It works. Thousands of years of "gut feelings" cannot be wrong. If a situation doesn't feel right, it probably isn't.

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Never leave the scene with your attacker, the moment you go with them, your chances of coming back drop drastically...

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I like the idea of hiding under a car and grabbing on if they're pulling, or just hiding out down there or scrambling around, if you can. Those are really good ideas that I hadn't really heard of before.

OP
S

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, The book has many great life saving ideas. One more here....if you are able to grab the steering wheel and can crash the car ...go for it...especially in the town/city or homes nearby.

High speeds..a lot more risky...but still better than be taken someplace unknown.

If you are going to fight back...if you do not strike with strong intent...the other person will only get madder. BE a cat trap in the corner by a wild dog....ever done this...the dogs usual end up losing? ...most times too

BECOME THE CAT ............Aloha (here kiddie..kiddie)

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
strong's book is top of the line. good stuff.

it bears repeating over and over again that one should never go. never. even if you get shot right there at the point of abduction, you have a chance of getting medical attention. where they plan to take you, even that chance is gone.

trouble is, so many movies have abduction as a plot point...i think many people are programmed to go with.

there was even a family safety program years ago that recommended going with the abductor. stupid, stupid, stupid.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
All excellent posts...Interesting note..Most of the newer police cruisers have a release pull tab in the trunk in case an officer gets locked in his trunk...

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh this post bring back some memories. I haven't been locked in a trunk for almost 30 years now. All joking aside, the ideas presented above should be the top of everyones list. I like the thought of going under vehicles, and grabbing on if someone is trying to pull you back out, excellent idea.

Now back to the part about being locked in a trunk: yes I have been, many times. I still don't know why, but as kids, we decided that it was a distinct probability that it would happen at some point in our lives. Probably because that happened in ALL the police shows back in the early 70's. So we kids would lock each other in the trunk to "practice" getting out. Yeah, the part of not letting the other out was high on the attraction list also, but after once or twice, you could pop the lid in a matter of seconds. Wouldn't hurt right now to show yourself and kids how a trunk lid operates. I haven't looked at that in many years, but plan on doing that this afternoon. (not locking anybody inside, even my neighbors would think that was odd.) I know some cars have a release behind one of the taillights because I have seen them while changing a light.

thescottishdude

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I agree with the statement that fear freezes alot of people, martial artists will also get scared, the difference is when they attack you martial artists just react.

ManOfVirtues

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Drac said:
All excellent posts...Interesting note..Most of the newer police cruisers have a release pull tab in the trunk in case an officer gets locked in his trunk...

I wonder how often this has happened .... Because we all know how law enforcement budgets work, unless its a growing problem, they are not going to fix it.

Could you imagine being the cop that got locked in his trunk, and then having to file a report on it back at the station. I think its time for a transfer.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Don't know how often but I've heard horror stories...It must have occured with enough frequency to have Ford make it a standard item on their Crown Vic cruisers...

bobster_ice

Black Belt
Reaction score
still learning said:
Hello, Just got thru reading "Strong on Defense". Great stuffs on what to do if you are being kidnap.

If you can use your legs when stuff in the trunk (when car is moving)..kick out the tail lights,made of plastic, wave your hands/foot or anything..to let the cars in back call for police/help.

Another one is run under the car/cars and grab something to hold on...hard to pull someone out if they are holding with all there might. (Park cars)

or to escape being caught...move under the car to the other side..or run around the car. (it happen to a lady who kept running to the others side..after 5 times of this..the guy left.)

Fear will freeze alot of people...do not think about...getting hurt/injury/kill..it may happen anyway....think...you are not going to do this to me (rape)....FIGHT BACK! (he's planning on hurting you any way).

You do not want to be taken to a secondary place! ..where things will get worst...FIGHT BACK...there maybe no tommorrow anyway...but at least you tried...and may even succeed...too!

Have a nice day...simile...enjoy the world...it will be there tomorrow...Aloha

Awsome advice.

ginshun

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
If you are locked in a trunk and can kick, I think there are very few cars out there that you couldn't kick the back seat out of.

Is this your best bet? Sheesh, IDK, but it is definately an option.

Old Fat Kenpoka

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sorry, but you folks are dreaming...

Kick the tail lights out? Not in most cars.

Hiding under the car? If somebody has enough strength and control to throw you in the trunk, they have enough to drag you out from under the car.

Kick the back seat out? Yeah, right, break your leg.

In order to defend myself from the all-to-common threat of someone trying to toss my 220 lbs into the trunk... I always pack one of these in my pants pocket:

0511tru001.jpg

The trick is installing it before the bad guys close the trunk on me...

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ManOfVirtues said:
Could you imagine being the cop that got locked in his trunk, and then having to file a report on it back at the station. I think its time for a transfer.

Yes, that would be a rough way to go..The harrassment/jokes at your expense from your brother and sister officers will be merciless..Worse than that would be having to explain to the Chief HOW it happened...

ginshun

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Old Fat Kenpoka said:
Sorry, but you folks are dreaming...

Kick the tail lights out? Not in most cars.

Hiding under the car? If somebody has enough strength and control to throw you in the trunk, they have enough to drag you out from under the car.

Kick the back seat out? Yeah, right, break your leg.

All I know is that the back seat can easily be ripped out of a lot of cars. And even if I couldn't kick it out, I doubt I would break my leg trying.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
still learning said:
Another one is run under the car/cars and grab something to hold on...hard to pull someone out if they are holding with all there might.

For some skinny 98lb male or female that might be an option..However considering the ground clearence on some of the vehicles I've seen it would pose a real challenge for those of use with girth...LOL

Franzfri

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
That happened on a new Dead Zone episode. It may be the latest one or last weeks. I TiVoed it so I don't know. The officer was knocked out, tied up and gagged by an escaped convict.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Drac said:
For some skinny 98lb male or female that might be an option..However considering the ground clearence on some of the vehicles I've seen it would pose a real challenge for those of use with girth...LOL
Nah, we just need to find a hummer or semi to hide under... :lol:

Latest Discussions