Er Y'all from Wichita??????

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I just noticed a few of you, well, one anyway, Brian Hunter, are from Wichita... My wife and I are going to be there probably at least the 12th and 13th of July... Might be kind of fun to hook up and meet some of the bruthas and sistas!!!!

Let me know where and how!

Take care,

Dan

B

brianhunter

Mr. Farmer,

Me and Jeff are in Wichita, it would not be a problem to hook up I work split shifts with wierd days off and we are short alot of officers but if you give me a heads up as to what you are planning I can make arrangements i will probably have a bunch of overtime from the 4th weekend that i can adjust out... We love meeting new kenpo people this is what its all about!!

While you are here you ought to go check out Tom Kellys school if you are in the area and you have a chance...I dont currently attend but youd get a chance to meet a good kenpo senior hes old school and knows his stuff and teaches it right.

Zoran

Black Belt
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesn't Mr. Tom Kelly live and teach in that area?

Zoran

Black Belt
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
oops, that'll teach me to read the whole thread. duh:toilclaw:

J

jeffkyle

We would love to meet you that would be cool.
If you want to go to Tom Kelly's school you could go on That Saturday because he has a class in the morning.

S

shawn monday

we also have twoamerican kenpo schools in kc....myself and myteacher and i know brian and jeff real,well

J

jeffkyle

Is this shawn monday character?? Why is he saying that?

Just kidding! Hey shawn! How was your trip here? I heard it was pretty eventful...;)

B

bubba

Dear Jeff,

Congratulations on your Black Belt. I am sure that you really did deserve it. But please help me out. I am not sure I am familiar with LTKKA. As to my knowlege, I thought that you trained under Mr. Tom Kelly. I hope you can continue in the ART and seek the TRUE meaning. Just remember this, The Belt doesn't mean a thing if you can't back what it represents.

S

shawn monday

Jeff got his black belt from me...Im a charter scholl for LTKKA and jeff has so much passsion for the art that I see him taking his understanding of kenpo to another level....Shawn Monday

P

ProfessorKenpo

Originally posted by bubba

Dear Jeff,

Congratulations on your Black Belt. I am sure that you really did deserve it. But please help me out. I am not sure I am familiar with LTKKA. As to my knowlege, I thought that you trained under Mr. Tom Kelly. I hope you can continue in the ART and seek the TRUE meaning. Just remember this, The Belt doesn't mean a thing if you can't back what it represents.

Being as I sat on the test you mentioned, I was very impressed with his abilities, along with the rest that tested that evening. I'm sure Jeff, from what I saw, can certainly back up wearing the belt. If you're not familiar with Larry Tatum and his org. then you can go to www.ltatum.com and look around, especially on the magazine articles, they say alot. He's also got some great videos with more on the way.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

S

shawn monday

thanks for the backup clyde

have a awsome kenpo day.........shawn

S

shawn monday

obviously mr bubba hadit in his heart to tell me about my students passion..obviously mr kelly did something wrong and jeff came to kansas city to see me.if i am wrong then have the heart and correct me..............shawn monday

B

bubba

I would like to know how many years you put into making Jeff '' The Passionate student that he is'' Or did he just show up and you promote him.

J

jeffkyle

Thanks for the Congrats Bubba. Testing in front of a bunch of people that don't know you at all is quite stressful.
LTKKA is a great organization and i met Mr. Tatum and Clyde personally and was very impressed with them both. My current instructor Shawn is great as a person, friend and instructor. I am honored to know him as well as Mr. Tatum and Clyde.
It is good to see you on here bubba, and i hope we see more from you on this board.
The chain of events were my decision...And i am responsible for my actions. Bubba if you have any more questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to call me or email me. You know how to find me.

J

jeffkyle

I would like to know how many years you put into making Jeff '' The Passionate student that he is'' Or did he just show up and you promote him.

Hey now,

My passion stems from myself. There is no one out there that can make me like or dislike anything. I knew i loved Kenpo within the first few classes i attended and as time has gone on my passion has only grew.
I felt my options were to quit Kenpo all together, or find another place to train. Shawn happened to be the one i found. I don't believe he would have promoted me if he didn't think i deserved it. He isn't that type. Obviously Shawn wasn't the only one who felt that way. The board of Black Belts i tested in front of obviously felt the same way. Again, Bubba, please get a hold of me for any reason. Thanks.

P

ProfessorKenpo

Originally posted by bubba

I've found, especially lately, that people are finding the LTKKA at just the right time in their Kenpo journey. I know I did, but that was 12 years ago, and I needed more than my instructor could/would offer. I'm always happy to see them come in with a great attitude and severe hunger for knowledge they didn't even know existed. I have seen these gentlemen personally and can attest not only to their skills, but also their desire to take the Kenpo system further than they had anticipated. Hopefully, you will do the same where you are and be happpy.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

K

Kirk

Clyde ... this forum seems to be fairly successful at staying out
of political fights and what not. I like it this way! Also note that
I'm just a beginner. I know nothing. But the newest kenpoist that tries to do any amount of learning outside their school hears
all kinds of stuff. The politics, anger, jealousy, rumors and what
are pretty darned hard to avoid. Just please understand that I'm
legitimately curious. I know these allegations would be denied,
or a story will be behind them, and I'm curious about the story.

What I've heard was:

1) Mr Tatum has NO pictures of Mr Parker in his dojo whatsoever
2) Mr Tatum doesn't publicly give credit to Mr Parker in any
fashion.
3) Mr Tatum self promoted himself from 6th, to 10th.
4) Mr Tatum's style of kenpo focuses on speed and not on power.
5) Mr Tatum claims that he was told directly by Mr Parker that he
was told directly by Mr Parker that he was to take over in the
event of his passing, but didn't have the chance to say it publicly,
before he died. (conflict with # 2)
6) Mr Tatum has refused to be associated with collective senior
associations, or other kenpo organizations at all.
7) Holds little regard for Dan Inosanto's abilities. Supposedly
when in his dojo, and asked where Mr Inosanto's school was,
he replied with .. "Who??"
8) Feels Mr Planas' kenpo has a lot of "holes" in it.

P

ProfessorKenpo

Originally posted by Kirk

Clyde ... this forum seems to be fairly successful at staying out
of political fights and what not. I like it this way! Also note that
I'm just a beginner. I know nothing. But the newest kenpoist that tries to do any amount of learning outside their school hears
all kinds of stuff. The politics, anger, jealousy, rumors and what
are pretty darned hard to avoid. Just please understand that I'm
legitimately curious. I know these allegations would be denied,
or a story will be behind them, and I'm curious about the story.

What I've heard was:

1) Mr Tatum has NO pictures of Mr Parker in his dojo whatsoever
2) Mr Tatum doesn't publicly give credit to Mr Parker in any
fashion.
3) Mr Tatum self promoted himself from 6th, to 10th.
4) Mr Tatum's style of kenpo focuses on speed and not on power.
5) Mr Tatum claims that he was told directly by Mr Parker that he
was told directly by Mr Parker that he was to take over in the
event of his passing, but didn't have the chance to say it publicly,
before he died. (conflict with # 2)
6) Mr Tatum has refused to be associated with collective senior
associations, or other kenpo organizations at all.
7) Holds little regard for Dan Inosanto's abilities. Supposedly
when in his dojo, and asked where Mr Inosanto's school was,
he replied with .. "Who??"
8) Feels Mr Planas' kenpo has a lot of "holes" in it.

If you are merely a beginner, why all the questions about Mr. Tatum? Someone has obviously skewed your views about him and misdirected you, and to honest, I could care less. I wasn't getting political but attesting to what I know about Jeff and Shown. Someone asked and I responded, just getting in my two cents worth on how I feel about Shawn and Jeff and the rest of the crew in KC (you guys rock). You have just brought up the mudslinging campaign and I for one won't be part of it except to say Larry was promoted to 7th by Mr. Parker, and one of only 12 to have been. I would suggest you check your sources before participating in any libelous statements.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

K

Kirk

Originally posted by ProfessorKenpo

If you are merely a beginner, why all the questions about Mr. Tatum? Someone has obviously skewed your views about him and misdirected you, and to honest, I could care less. I wasn't getting political but attesting to what I know about Jeff and Shown. Someone asked and I responded, just getting in my two cents worth on how I feel about Shawn and Jeff and the rest of the crew in KC (you guys rock). You have just brought up the mudslinging campaign and I for one won't be part of it except to say Larry was promoted to 7th by Mr. Parker, and one of only 12 to have been. I would suggest you check your sources before participating in any libelous statements.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

Dude, I wasn't accusing you of a thing, honest! :(
I was asking, because you're highly ranked in his
organization.

They would be libelous if I claimed the points to be fact.
I did NOT do that, and didn't intend on it! If some mud
slinging campaign exists, I am NOT a part of it. All I asked
was that it be addressed. No one has skewed my views,
I didn't say that I buy into any of this.

You're new here .. you haven't seen me addressing other
things I've heard/read about other people or organizations.
But I DO know that you've seen it on kenponet. Why is it
okay for you to question other seniors in the same fashion
that I've questioned you, yet when I ask IMPARTIALLY
you get all defensive, and mad at me? I have no beef
with you dude! I tried to ask, civilly, but since that can't
be done, blow this off, don't even reply. I'm a moderator
here, and as such, I have a responsibility to keep things
focused and prevent flame wars, which this obviously is
wading into, so let's just drop this all together.

Latest Discussions