EPAK Videos Recommendations

hongkongfooey

Black Belt
Reaction score
I had bought the Tracy's versus Parker Kenpo DVD from the Lamkins @ arnis.org. Not an instructional video by any means, but supposed to be a vehicle to showcase the differences between the systems. Seeing that video, I can understand why Kenpo is the new whipping boy on the block.

MNBrynn

White Belt
Reaction score
I have seen lots of forms videos...I really like Lamkin videos. (American Kenpo Legacy Assoc.)

http://www.arnis.org/index.htm

Just like all American Kenpo schools...explains not only the how to do, but also the why we do. At the end of each lesson he also goes through the "what if's."

KenpoVzla

Green Belt
Reaction score
evenflow1121 said:
I like Tabatabai's series a lot. He has a very good way of explaining techniques, plus he fills in gaps. For example, he will break down the technique and go into detail as to why a block will be used and how a particular block can be used as a strike or has a hidden strike somewhere. Stuff that for example, any average student may not understand. His video series really enhanced my learning, and thus, I'd recommend those to any Kenpoist.

I find Larry Tatum's explanations much better and in depth than Tabatabai.

I'd say for forms.

Larry Tatum's

for Self-defense techniques.

Larry Tatum
Jody Sasaki

and Richard Planas videos are always good of course, just because there's SO much information on them!

Latest Discussions