EPAK EVENTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Would there be a report for us on how the seminar went? Thanks!

- Ceicei

F

fist of fury

sem2.jpg

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Curtis Abernathy's American Kenpo Karate, with Michael Billings' Kenpo Karate

Presents:​

Sigung Steven Labounty 9th Degree Black Belt​

AND

Professor John Sepulveda 8th Degree Black Belt​

Friday & Saturday May 14th & 15th, 2004​

Attachments

• $seminar.jpg
    $seminar.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 236

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Saw Prof Sepulveda this weekend up in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, and he is looking forward to it. He was awesome as always, and I bet he "raises the bar" with Sigung and he together. (Uh-oh, and I thought I knew what "pain" meant). :)

-Michael

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Michael Billings said:
Saw Prof Sepulveda this weekend up in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, and he is looking forward to it. He was awesome as always, and I bet he "raises the bar" with Sigung and he together. (Uh-oh, and I thought I knew what "pain" meant). :)

-Michael

Yes, there is a good contrast between them. I look forward to the event.

:asian:

True2Kenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Fellow Martial Artists,

The United Parker's Kenpo School would like to invite all of you to a Summer Seminar featuring Professor Zach Whitson on Friday, July 9th and Saturday, July 10th in Pittsburgh, PA at the new UPK School located in Shadyside!

This weekend event will be covering the concepts of Professor Whitson's innovative Kenpo Counterpoint and, more specifically, be geared towards the following Counterpoint topics: Counterpoint Empty Hand vs. Empty Hand and Counterpoint Empty Hand vs. Knife.

Join the UPK in welcoming Professor Whitson back to Pittsburgh. For more information and pricing, please contact me by e-mail at-
[email protected]

Or visit the UPK Website at-
www.unitedparkerskenpo.com

Hope to see you on the mat!

Respectfully,
Joshua Ryer

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Tried to post two flyers (pdf file) but both were too big to upload, so I am going to post the text of the flyers.

ATTENTION!

Karate Seminar by Mr. Ed Parker Jr. "Things My Dad Taught Me!"

Sponsored by:
Rocky Mountain Sports Academy
1603 N. State St.
Lehi, UT 84043

50 years ago (1954), Mr. Ed Parker Sr. opened the nation's first American Dojo in Provo, Utah. Mr. Parker went on to become known as "The FAther of American Karate!" and helped karate become what it has become today. Come and listen to Mr. Ed Parker Jr. talk about the lessons he learned and the principles his father taught him about the "secrets to the martial arts".

When: Friday, June 18th, 2004
7:15 pm - 8:00 pm (kids 8-12)
8:00 pm - 9:30 pm kids 13+ and adults)
Where: RMSA Studio (see address above)
Take exit #285 off I-15 in Utah, go west to State Street then go South. You will see a Rocky Mountain Sports Academy sign.
Cost: $20.00 for kids and $30.00 for adults (all are welcome!)

Please RSVP with Mr. Troy Marchant at 801.420.5599 or Mr. Scott Crowley at 801.420.1976 by Wednesday, June 16th! Space is limited!

- Ceicei

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Don't know if it's been posted already...Long Beak Internationals are coming up. Last weekend in July/1st weekend in August. Mr. Trejo has also set up a Friday afternoon of seminars by some pretty awesome kenpoistas.

Hope to see all y'all there.

Dr. Dave

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Here is the report on the Ed Parker Jr. seminar in Utah on June 18, 2004.

It was a really good seminar. A very good sized group of people showed up. I'll summarize some of the points he taught.

Ed Parker Jr., emphasized the importance of thinking "outside the box". He reminded us that Kenpo is free-flowing and elastic, it isn't "fixed" and should be effective--what works for each of us. It is fun hearing all the anecdotes and stories about his father throughout the seminar. I wish that I had the opportunity to meet Mr. Ed Parker Sr. before he died. Nevertheless, it was cool to see how his son thought of his father.

For the training part of the seminar, in the beginning, he pointed out how many people tend to be tense when doing techniques or fighting. He demonstrated how, if we are "loose" or relaxed, our motions would be faster and more powerful. It was interesting to see the difference. Next, he demonstrated pressure points and how it doesn't take much to take down an opponent (when pressure points are used both stand-alone and in conjunction with techniques). we practiced applying pressure points. He then used the three-footed stool as an analogy for balance, and we practiced taking each other off balance, both against the wall and standing. He moved on to ground-fighting, reminding people that in fights, there will be times we end up on the ground. Again, we continued with the three-footed stool analogy by getting our attackers off balance while we were already on the ground. We then did some "sticky fingers" exercise, his point being that we should be relaxed and loose. To be tensed up uses up more energy. Relax and we get more mileage out of our motions--being able to endure. We wrapped it up with techniques or our own freestyle ones, applying all that we had learned today as a review. He concluded the seminar with the question, "WHO are you?" We are defined by what we believe, our principles and our honor.

It's terrific!

- Ceicei

True2Kenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Fellow Kenpoists,

We hope this post finds you doing well!

The United Parker's Kenpo Karate School would like to remind everyone of our 2004 Summer Seminar this weekend (July 9th-10th) featuring Professor Zach Whitson in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

This weekend event will be covering the concepts of Professor Whitson's innovative Kenpo Counterpoint and, more specifically, be geared towards the following Counterpoint topics: Counterpoint Empty Hand vs. Empty Hand and Counterpoint Empty Hand vs. Knife. For more information on Kenpo Counterpoint, please visit Professor Whitson's new website- http://www.kenpocounterpoint.com

The cost of the event is only $50.00 and will include both days of training.

Join the UPK in welcoming Professor Whitson back to Pittsburgh!

For more information on the Summer Seminar; including hotel accommodations, please contact the UPK at-

Phone: 412-621-KICK (5425)
E-mail: [email protected]

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
True2Kenpo said:
Fellow Kenpoists,

We hope this post finds you doing well!

The United Parker's Kenpo Karate School would like to remind everyone of our 2004 Summer Seminar this weekend (July 9th-10th) featuring Professor Zach Whitson in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

This weekend event will be covering the concepts of Professor Whitson's innovative Kenpo Counterpoint and, more specifically, be geared towards the following Counterpoint topics: Counterpoint Empty Hand vs. Empty Hand and Counterpoint Empty Hand vs. Knife. For more information on Kenpo Counterpoint, please visit Professor Whitson's new website- http://www.kenpocounterpoint.com

The cost of the event is only $50.00 and will include both days of training.

Join the UPK in welcoming Professor Whitson back to Pittsburgh!

For more information on the Summer Seminar; including hotel accommodations, please contact the UPK at-

Phone: 412-621-KICK (5425)
E-mail: [email protected]

If you have not seen Zach before, then I recommend you check him out.

:asian:

True2Kenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Mr. Parsons,

Good evening sir. I completely agree! Have you had the opportunity to read Mr. Whitson's new article concerning Kenpo Counterpoint? It has been posted on his Counterpoint website. Great article, so much insight.

Good journey sir.

Respectfully,
Joshua Ryer
UPK Pittsburgh

vishalshukla

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Planning on competing at the Long Beach Internationals? Well here is an opportunity to improve your odds of success. Professor Bob White will be offering a 2 sparring hour seminar from 2:00-4:00 PM PST on Saturday July 24 at Bob White’s Karate Studio.

Over the years Bob White’s students have dominated the sparring competition and now is your chance to learn the tried and true methods they use.

This seminar will be taught personally by Professor White and will cover the strategies and training methods he has used to produce championship fighters.

There is a minimal investment of $25 for this seminar. Call now to reserve your spot!

“If you want to be a champion, you have to train like a champion”

Contact Information
Bob White’s Karate Studio
1125 Victoria
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
(949) 645-0337

True2Kenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Fellow Kenpo Students and Instructors,

The United Parker's Kenpo School of Pittsburgh would like to invite all of you to the 2004 Fall Kenpo Clinic featuring Master Instructor, Mr. "Huk" Planas on Saturday, September 18th.

This anticipated event will begin at 11am and extend till 5pm at the new UPK headquarters school in Shadyside (directions can be obtained at the UPK Website).

Mr. Planas will continue his teachings of the Orange Belt material. A meet and greet session/ mini-seminar will also be available to all clinic participates at no additional cost on Friday, September 17th.

The cost of the event will be $50.

For more information, please see me at the school or contact me by-

Phone- 412.621.KICK (5425)
E-mail- [email protected]

Again, I wish everyone the best and good journey!
RESPECTFULLY,
JOSHUA RYER
UNITED PARKER'S KENPO
5440 CENTRE AVENUE
SECOND FLOOR
PITTSBURGH, PA 15232
(412) 621-KICK
http://www.unitedparkerskenpo.com
PARKER/ PLANAS
LINEAGE
http://www.parkerplanaslineage.com
KENPO COUNTERPOINT
http://www.kenpocounterpoint.com

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Free Karate Seminar (Kenpo Kard Seminar)

Come and learn about the newest card game straight from Ed Parker Jr.
Hosted by Stephanie Johnson

Receive a FREE Kenpo Kard for coming to the seminar!

Sept 8th at 7:30 p.m.
Rocky Mountain Sports Academy
1603 N State St.
Lehi, UT 84043

For more information: Call Troy Marchant 1-801-420-5599

vishalshukla

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Bob White’s Karate Studio is happy to announce the next seminar in our Championship Kenpo series.

On Saturday October 9, 2004 Sigung Steve LaBounty will be holding a workshop from 1:30 PM PST – 3:30 PST. This seminar is open to everybody regardless of rank or affiliation. The investment for this workshop is only $35.

Mr. LaBounty is one of the most senior, accomplished and respected Kenpoists in the world. Following is a brief biography, taken from his website

“Arguably one of the most widely known Kenpoists, there are many in American Kenpo who say that Steve LaBounty is the true definition of the "Warrior Spirit." Having initially come to Ed Parker in 1966 with a background in Judo and having a Black Belt under Al & Jim Tracy (only their third), Steve went on to distinguish himself in the Martial Arts, carrying Mr. Parker's banner wherever he went.

Both a National and International fighting champion, he is widely sought after on the seminar circuit where he is legendary for his "fighting drills". Mr. LaBounty has spent many years in police work and is active as a Law Enforcement Consultant and trainer. Having reached a level of excellence in the "Yang" side of the martial arts, he spent years pursuing an education related to the opposing "Yin" side, and today, as a practicing Acupressurist and Herbalist, teaches seminars in bodywork to martial artists.

Please call the studio as soon as possible to reserve your spot. The contact information is

1125 Victoria Ave. #B

Costa Mesa, Calif. 92627

949-645-0337

This is a great chance to learn from one of the true greats in the Kenpo world. Don’t miss it!

Respectfully yours,

Vishal Shukla

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
vishalshukla said:
Bob White’s Karate Studio is happy to announce the next seminar in our Championship Kenpo series. On Saturday October 9, 2004 Sigung Steve LaBounty will be holding a workshop from 1:30 PM PST – 3:30 PST. This seminar is open to everybody regardless of rank or affiliation. The investment for this workshop is only $35.

This is a great chance to learn from one of the true greats in the Kenpo world. Don’t miss it! Mr. LaBounty is one of the most senior, accomplished and respected Kenpoists in the world.

1125 Victoria Ave. #B
Costa Mesa, Calif. 92627
949-645-0337

Vishal Shukla

Just confirmed my tickets.... I'll be there!

%-}

vishalshukla

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Colin Van Deusen and the Power of One Self Defense Institute are holding their annual Power of One Weekend from Friday, October 22, 2004 - Sunday, October 24, 2004 at Big Bear mountain CA.

This annual camp will feature seminars by such top martial artists as Bob White, Colin Van Deusen, Pat Salantri and Raymond Daniels (who is currently the #1 ranked fighter in the country).

Information, including registration forms are available at http://www.powerofoneselfdefenseinstitute.com/Po1Weekend.html

This is a great camp and is open to all. I have known Colin for a few years now and he is a tremendous teacher as well as student of Kenpo. He has arranged a fantastic group of instructors for this camp and I strongly recommend it.

If you have any questions, contact Mr. Van Deusen at his studio in Long Beach, CA.

Phone: 562 997 2987

Respectfully yours,

Vishal Shukla

Status
Not open for further replies.