EPAK EVENTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

True2Kenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Fellow Kenpoists,

Here is a complete flyer of detailed information concerning our up-coming Kenpo Camp featuring Mr. Bob White. If you would like to attend, please contact me at-

[email protected]

Good journey.

Respectfully,
Joshua Ryer
IKKA
UPK Pittsburgh

True2Kenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Fellow Kenpoists,

I thought I would post an awesome event coming up in a few weeks hosted by Mr. Mike Cappi in Lansdale, Pennsylvania.

This is a great event featuring many of great instructors. Hope to see you there!

Seminar Information

Oct. 23rd - 24th - 25th & 26th

Mike Cappi's American Kenpo Karate Studio's

10th Annual Fall Fling
Kenpo Camp 2003

"A Decade of Excellence"

Huk Planas - Doreen Cogliandro
Zach Whitson - Ed Parker, Jr. - Martin Wheeler

With Special Guest...
Jeff Speakman

Topics Covered

Technique Short Cuts * Purple Belt Extensions
Grafting * Pekiti - Tirsia Kali
& More....

Featured Camp Knife will be a...
Gil Hibben
2003 Fantasy Series edition

Special Separate
Kids & Adult Seminars
Thursday Night: Pekiti-Tirsia: Zack Whitson - $25.00
Friday Night Kids: Ed Parker, Jr. - $15.00
Friday Night Adults: Huk Planas - $25.00

Free Camp Patch & Certificate for all who Attend.
Free Door Prizes & more........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

KENPO PLAQUES
FOR MOST
SUPPORTIVE
SCHOOLS

Camp Price Only $119.00

Price Includes
Saturday Night Halloween
Dinner Party

Live Entertainment
Featuring
VONILLA GORILLA
Come out and play with the band

Fall Fling Camp T-Shirts $15.00
Pre-Order Only Please

Plan Your Calendar Early Don't Miss Out!!!!
CALL NOW AND GET ON THE MAILING LIST!

Corporate Rates at the
BEST WESTERN
(3.5mi. from camp)
215-368-3800

or E-Mail: Street [email protected]

www.americankarate.com

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Please post all camps, seminars, demonstrations, tournaments, etc., on this thread. It will be periodically edited as events occur.

The EPAK Forum Rules will be strictly adhered to, and any posts regarding EPAK Events, other than on this thread, will be moved.

-Michael Billings
-MT Moderator-

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Late notice:

Austin Kenpo Karate (not my school) is hosting a Gil Hibben seminar this Saturday, October 11th. The morning seminar will be Kenpo Techniques and the afternoon will be Knive Throwing.

Sounds like lots of fun.

If interested follow the link to Sifu Jeff Schroeder's website.

Austin Kenpo Karate

Oss,
-MB

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I initially made this post without any printed reference in front of me, and inadvertently mis-spelled Mr. Hibben's last name. I apologize if this was disconcerting for anyone. No insult or slight was intended, after all, I have four of his knives.

-Michael
:asian:

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
We realize that there are a lot of great events that center around EPAK. We all want to get the word out to our fellow Kenpoists. We are asking that all event announcements be kept to this sticky. Any other event announcements made in the EPAK Forum, will be summarily deleted. Thank You.
Seig
-MT Moderator-

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
BRIAN DUFFY’S TEXAS SPIRIT CAMP FALL 2003

For more information go to www.akfkenpo.com/camp,
e-mail [email protected], or call 512-444-9889.

When: Fri, Sat, Sun - Nov 14-16th

Where: Flat Creek Crossing Ranch near Johnson City, TX
Driving directions.

Cost: $175.00

Discounts: Restrictions apply. Ask Mr. Duffy for details.
-Head Instructors with 5 paid students attending are FREE
-$25 discount for all registrations received online or postmarked
prior to Tuesday Oct 14, 2003
-$25 discount for all current AKF members and all current or Past AKSC members

Price includes all training, lodging, and meals for: Friday evening; Saturday morning, noon, and night; and Sunday morning plus snacks every day.

The following instructors are now confirmed for 2003 (most are featured in The Journey http://www.akfkenpo.com/homecomingbundle.htm
Bob White
Frank Trejo
Brian Duffy (camp promoter)
Dennis Conatser

Classes: Basics, Forms, Sparring, Weapons, Theory, Concepts and Principles, Sticky Hands, Joint Manipulation, General Kenpo Training, and more

Required Equipment: Sleeping bag or bedding, pillow, towels
Uniform, groin protector, mouthguard
Sparring Equipment
Training knife
Kenpo Sticks for Brown and Black Belts
Staff for Green Belt and Below
Toiletries, change of clothes, tennis shoes, jacket

Optional Equipment: Snacks and drinks
Camera for those Kodak moments
Flashlight, notebook, writing instruments
Musical instruments for Saturday nite jam
Sleeping pad, camp mat, or small (as in narrow) air mattress or cot
NOTICE
Tentative plans are to have about 4 people per room
Rooms have two beds each
Highest ranks get the beds and lower ranks get floor space
Each room has its own bath.

www.akfkenpo.com/camp will be updated as things change so check it for the latest info. If there are changes I will also try to mention them here. I am thinking that I might have an announcement or two later this week. But we'll see.

Thanks in advance for your interest.

True2Kenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Fellow Martial Artists-

Greetings from Pittsburgh!

The 2003 Fall Kenpo Clinic featuring Professor Bob White is approaching quickly, next weekend- Friday, November 21st through Saturday, November 22nd- and it looks as though we will be having a great turnout!

To make it an even better weekend, I just wanted to send out a quick reminder to anyone who might still be interested in attending.

For more information on the 2003 Fall Kenpo Clinic, please feel free to check out our camp flyer at the following link-

http://www.unitedparkerskenpo.com/Whiteseminar.html

Also, new updates will be sent out very soon concerning our other upcoming seminars which will feature Mr. Richard "Huk" Planas in January and Mr. Zach Whitson in February of 2004! Alot of great events... right here in Pittsburgh!

I wish everyone the very best and good journey.

Respectfully,
Joshua Ryer

IKKA
UPK Pittsburgh
http://www.unitedparkerskenpo.com
PARKER/ PLANAS LINEAGE

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I merged the "2003 Fall Kenpo Clinic featuring Professor Bob White" under this Sticky as per EPAK Forum guidelines. I am leaving it in Kenpo General as that Forum is a little more lax about events being double posted.

--Michael Billings
--MT Moderator

True2Kenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Fellow Kenpoists,

I would like to wish all of you the very best this holiday season!

To continue with our excellant schedule of Kenpo instructors this 2003/ 2004 year, I would like to invite all of you to the 2004 New Year's Bash Featuring Master of the Arts, Mr. Richard "Huk" Planas!

The 2004 New Year's Bash will be held Friday, January 9th through Saturday, January 10th, 2004 at the University of Pittsburgh.

Mr. Richard "Huk" Planas is a 9th Degree Black Belt in the Ed Parker's Kenpo System. Known as the "Instructor's Instructor", Mr. Planas teaches the "why's" of Kenpo, not just the "how's" based on the rules and principles of motion. Though his expertise is mainly in Kenpo, he has studied many other arts including Judo, Tai Chi, Kung Fu, Shotokan, Silat and the Filipino arts.

Join the UPK in welcoming Mr. Planas to the University of Pittsburgh for the first time. This is one event you do not want to miss. See you on the mat!

For more information, please contact Joshua Ryer at-
412-759-9710 Or e-mail at- [email protected]

You can also visit the UPK Website at-
www.unitedparkerskenpo.com

Again, I wish you all well and a good journey!

Respectfully,
Joshua Ryer
IKKA
UPK Pittsburgh

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Professor Tommy Burks (my very own teacher) is coming to Austin for a seminar on January 10, 2004. It is a rare opportunity to train with a truely great Kenpoist who was one of Mr. Parker's personal students. He is a wizard with the double clubs and knows how to get the most out of what you bring to the table as a Martial Artist of any style.

The seminar will be at my school and I will post more information regarding times and costs if anyone is interested. Hope to see you Texas Kenpo guys there!

Respectfully,
-Michael Billings

True2Kenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Seig
See Mr. Ryer's post, two above. Mr. Planas will be in Pittsburg next weekend!

Happy New Year to all! Thank you Mr. Seigel for the post!

I do hope to see any of you interested in attending next weekend's event with Mr. Planas. It is going to be an awesome time.

If anyone needs further information, please feel free to check out the camp flyer at- www.unitedparkerskenpo.com/Planasseminar.html

Or contact me directly at-
412-759-9710

Good journey to all!

Respectfully,
Joshua Ryer
IKKA
UPK Pittsburgh

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Glad Josh posted, it reminded me to post a seminar by my teacher happening on January 10th at my school.

Click HERE for details, or give me a call. The number is on my web page or (512) 585-3478.

Oss,
-Michael

True2Kenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Greetings Fellow Martial Artists!

I hope this e-mail finds you, your family, and your students safe and doing well.

I would just like to send out a brief invitation to everyone for our 2004 Winter Workshop featuring Professor Zach Whitson on Friday, Feb. 6th and Saturday, Feb. 7th at the University of Pittsburgh.

The event will begin on Friday evening from 6pm to 9pm with a Meet and Greet session and then a Mini-Seminar covering some basic concepts and principles of Pekiti-Tirsia, a sophisticated kali and knife system.

Then on Saturday from 1pm to 6pm, Professor Whitson will build on his innovative Counterpoint teachings. Counterpoint emphasizes the "what if" phase of your self-defense techniques and how to graft from one technique to the next.

Don't miss out on this excellent opportunity to welcome Mr. Whitson back to Pittsburgh and learn more in the never-ending Kenpo system!

For further information on the 2004 Winter Workshop, please check out the UPK Website at- www.unitedparkerskenpo.com Or e-mail the UPK at- [email protected].

For further information on Professor Zach Whitson, please check out his new website at-
www.zachwhitson.com

Good journey to all and we hope to see you on the mat!

Respectfully,
Joshua Ryer

IKKA
UPK Pittsburgh
PARKER/ PLANAS
LINEAGE
www.unitedparkerskenpo.com

OP
Seig

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Who: Professor Dennis Conatser

What:Beginners: Kenpo History/Kenpo Tools/Basics & Phonetics of Motion/ 3 Divisions of the Art/Sentences of Motion & Applications

Advanced:An indepth look at Striking Set/Finger Set

Where: Shepherd College, Shepherdstown WV. The Butcher Center, main gym.

When: April 10, 2004 The beginner session will begin at 9:30, registration begins at 9:00 am. Lunch will be from 11:00 to 12:00. Registration for the Advanced session begins at 12:00, the session begins at 12:30. The advanced session will run to approximately 2:00. Afterwards there will be an informal conversation/meet period until no later than 3:30.

Afterwards: There will be the traditional Mountaineer Martial Arts Chinese Buffet dinner at the Dynasty Resteraunt in Hagerstown, MD beginning approximately 4:00 pm til whenever.

Investment:
Open Registration - $ 30.00
Students - $ 25.00
IKKO Students - $ 20.00
Both Sessions - $ 10.00 additional

Everyone is Welcome regardless of style or lineage. We look forward to seeing all our old friends and to making some new ones.

Contact Mike [email protected] or Tess Seigel [email protected] for further information or details. If you need help finding lodging or transportation, let us know and we will see what we can do to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions