Empty Force Challenge

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Will you pay $10,000 to someone who can do this to you? If that person can't, he only need to pay you $1,000. I think that 10-1 ratio is quite reasonable.

Your thought?

CrazedChris

Green Belt
Reaction score
I think I saw this method demonstrated on a Fail video not too long ago. :D

wab25

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Will you pay $10,000 to someone who can do this to you? If that person can't, he only need to pay you $1,000. I think that 10-1 ratio is quite reasonable.

Your thought?
I am absolutely sure that he can do all those moves on me. I am also absolutely sure that I will not jump up and run away (sometimes in the wrong direction) when he does. So who would owe who? He did his thing to me... But I didn't act for him. I guess we need to define what "do this to you" means.

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I am absolutely sure that he can do all those moves on me. I am also absolutely sure that I will not jump up and run away (sometimes in the wrong direction) when he does. So who would owe who? He did his thing to me... But I didn't act for him. I guess we need to define what "do this to you" means.
Of course he has to make you to respond the same way as his partner does.

Many years ago, there was a Chi Gong master from LA who came to Austin, Texas. He could make a full room of people to walk like zombies (I saw this with my own eyes. Too bad that I didn't record it). People only need to pay him $450. Before his next trip, I challenged him if he could make me to walk like a zombie, I would pay him $10,000. If he could not, he would only need to pay me $1,000. He canceled his next Austin trip and I have never seen him since then.

IMO, to have a life time experience like that for only $10,000 is worthwhile. I'll pay $10,000 to see a real ghost so I will have ghost story to tell for the rest of my life.

When my teacher was still alive, one day he challenged all Taiji guys in an annual Taiji meeting. He held a piece of newspaper in front of his chest. He asked any Taiji guy to apply empty force on him without touching that newspaper. If that Taiji guy could make my teacher's heart to beat a bit faster, my teacher would knee down in front of that Taiji guy. Not a single Taiji guy in that meeting took that challenge.

My teacher always said, "All my life, I have not be able to meet a true empty force master. What's the chance that you will be able to meet any empty force master in your life time? Those empty force masters just can't suddenly crawl out of a hole somewhere." His comment make good logic sense to me.

In 1980 during a San Francisco CMA demonstration event, a Chi Gong master Liu Mu-Sheng gave a Chi Gong demo and sent people to fly in all 6 different directions. I tried to step on the stage and challenged that Chi Gong master. I was stopped by the host preying mantis master Brendan Lai.

Last edited:

wab25

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Of course he has to make you to respond the same way as his partner does.
Excellent! Where is this guy? I'll be there all day... Can we do this in cash so I can keep it "off the books?"

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Your thought?
i don't get it, there' sems plenty of these no touch / no force folk about yet they seems to have credibility, at least in some quarters and presumably. Make some money out of it, . Have they a) a secret power to b) a near endless supply of gullible people ?

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
i don't get it, there' sems plenty of these no touch / no force folk about yet they seems to have credibility, at least in some quarters and presumably. Make some money out of it, . Have they a) a secret power to b) a near endless supply of gullible people ?
Back in China, if you dare to claim that you have empty force, people will knock on your door the day after.

Do people still challenge others in 21th centry?

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
No...My time is worth more to me than spending it proving something that isn't going to change anyone who really believes is such. I find even more ridiculous is those who know it isn't real but are enthralled anyway.

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Do you feel the need to?
I would love to pay someone $10,000 if that person can prove empty force (move my body without touching me). If I can introduce empty force on the wrestling mat, my name will be remembered in the wrestling world.

Confucius said, "If you can find out the truth in the morning, you don't mind to die that evening."

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I would love to pay someone $10,000 if that person can prove empty force (move my body without touching me). If I can introduce empty force on the wrestling mat, my name will be remembered in the wrestling world.

Confucius said, "If you can find out the truth in the morning, you don't mind to die that evening."
That’s not what i asked. I asked if you feel the need to challenge people. In the way that you described.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Your thought?
I think you’ve got the money amounts backwards. If he can do it, I lose $1k; if he can’t, I get $10k. That’s 10:1 in my favor. No way I’m gambling $10k on anything at all, regardless of if I had Bill Gates money. Too many ways to scam people.

If I could walk in and not give him time to more or less hypnotize me, sure. If I had to stand around and listen and watch his stuff work, thereby somehow possibly subconsciously hypnotizing me, then no.

As for the MAist who you claim had a group of other MAists walking around like zombies, that’s no different than the comedian hypnotists making members of the crowd cluck like chickens, bark like dogs, etc. It has nothing to do with MA, chi, etc. It’s a magic act that won’t work on an opponent who you don’t have time to prep. It won’t work against an opponent in the cage, against a guy who wants your wallet, etc. It’ll only work on someone who’s willing to let it work. Among other things, George Dillman said “he was a non-believer” when explaining why his protege’s no-touch KO didn’t work on the scientist. That’s the only accurate thing he said - the scientist was unwilling to be hypnotized.

Call it hypnosis, expectation bias, a trance, etc. For this discussion, it’s practically all the same. Same end result anyway.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
B

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
i don't get it, there' sems plenty of these no touch / no force folk about yet they seems to have credibility, ...
When long fist GM Han Chin-Tang used samuria sword to cut on his own face and no blood came out, my SC teacher told him that he must have thick face skin. In Chinese, thick face skin also means shameless.

One should not try to prove more than what he can do.

zzj

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I’d pay 10,000 for such an experience too, however I don’t think i’ll be paying that sum to anyone anytime soon.

Deafdude#5

Green Belt
Reaction score
o_O What’s the point?

Either they’re scammers looking for something for nothing or they’re seriously delusional.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'll pay $10,000 to see a real ghost so I will have ghost story to tell for the rest of my life.
People see and here these for free, but since you are paying I'll make your dream come true. Even if you don't believe, you won't be disappointed . But I can't help you with the empty force stuff lol. The best I can do is stand next to you and make a really stinky fart that will move you. lol.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I wonder how long it took that guy to learn how to jump back like that? I mean, does it come with instructions? Did the old guy show him what it's supposed to look like? Were there drawings?

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
I wonder how long it took that guy to learn how to jump back like that? I mean, does it come with instructions? Did the old guy show him what it's supposed to look like? Were there drawings?

There's probably a 78 move jumping away form to practice...

wab25

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
There's probably a 78 move jumping away form to practice...
For a kiai they probably shout: "wiggity, wiggity, wiggity wack!"

... Sorry I didn't mean to Kriss Kross topics... ;)

Reactions: pdg

Latest Discussions