Embarrassing moments in the dojo

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
During my yellow belt testing, my instructor asked me how many states there were in the U.S.. I answered very confidently: "52". :facepalm::banghead:

An argument could be made that Puerto Rico and Washington DC should be classified as states. Both have the same degree of autonomy and obligation as "real" states.
So maybe you weren't all that wrong.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
We were practicing nunchaku in a class of around 20 students I was on far left side of room and second row. On one of the techniques lets just say its a good thing I wore a cup (though everyone in class stopped and looked)

When I tested for pueple belt I was doing sanchin kata (higaonna version; it turns around twice; the kata is slow except for the turns which are done fast) and some of the instructors go up and use shime on the students. On my first turn. One of them steps behind me and I accidentally smacked her across the mouth. On the outside I was completely calm as if nothing happened but on the inside I was like OH NOOO!!!

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We awarded a month of free Karate lessons, in a contest, and I was supposed to teach a woman her first three lessons. I give her a gi to put on, and she came back with nothing on under her gi top, and she was asking me how to tie the belt! :)

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score
One time I was grappling with a guy, and had to tap out urgently, and ending up smacking him in the ***. It was pretty awkward. :oops:

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
One time I was grappling with a guy, and had to tap out urgently, and ending up smacking him in the ***. It was pretty awkward. :oops:
I did this twice today. When I'm tapping I'm not concerned where the tap occurred. Admittedly, if it was a female I would probably be more conscious of my hand placement.

ShawnP

Blue Belt
Reaction score
We awarded a month of free Karate lessons, in a contest, and I was supposed to teach a woman her first three lessons. I give her a gi to put on, and she came back with nothing on under her gi top, and she was asking me how to tie the belt! :)
OH MY.....:nailbiting:

ShawnP

Blue Belt
Reaction score
i had to spar with a female once...ONCE....and she was supposed to be wearing that chest protector thingy, you know, so that it covers her, you know, and she didnt! and i found out the hard way, i went to grab her Gi at the shoulder to kind of lift her and push backwards and umm, yeah i missed because she punched me in the face and ended up accidentally grabbing, you know, i then proceeded to eat several spinning back fists in a row at full force. she actually thought i had done it on purpose and so did the instructor who informed me after class that what i did was inappropriate and i deserved more than what i got. my apology was not accepted.

Latest Discussions