Elvis Presley- Rock-n-Roll American Kenpoist

Sapper6

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
as we (few) know, today was the 30th anniversary of Elvis Presley's death. as most Kenpoists are aware, Presley took a liking American Kenpo. i found a video on YouTube of Presley "working out" with some AK guys. (the IKKA patch easily recognizable).

my question(s): who are the guys he is working out with? and, who are the guys splilling the beans about drug use in the interview?

i've heard so many different stories as to which degree of black Presley actually attained under Ed Parker. how high up the AK chain did he actually get, without the "honorary" crap? what is clearly noticable though, is that Presley is wearing a Kang Rhee TKD gi in the workout session. was Presley a TKD stylist as well?

all in all, a very interesting video. check it out if you get the chance.

cheers,

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Sapper6

Sapper6

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score

hey to you HKP!

while there certainly does exist lots of the same questions (via threads, and threads, and more threads), there seems less available, more answers; only speculation and opinion. i was hoping that someone (around during that period) could elaborate a little more.

i noticed that link, and others, showed the same video clip. question remains, who were the guys in mix?

we have a several prominent Kenpoists on MT that were with Parker during this period. how could you miss such a prominent moment; the King of Rock-n-Roll mixing with the "King of Karate?" there has to be answers.

could someone please pick up the mic...?:)

Latest Discussions