effectivness of budo taijutsu

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
after seeing a documentary on the samurai... it said that their knowledge of war fair wasn't needed anymore in the modern world... it go me thinking:

if hatsumi has not fighting/combat experience... and he is only passing on a "battle tested art" from hundreds of years ago... how effective is budo taijutsu in the modern world?

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Enson,
This was addressed in your previous thread. There are many Bujinkan students in law enforcement, military, etc; who have used their training successfully. And as for your "hundreds of years ago" comment, Takamatsu sensei (Hatsumi sensei's teacher) used his skills in several conflicts. Was math a tough subject for you...? ;)

Jeff

OP
E

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Kreth said:
Enson,
This was addressed in your previous thread. There are many Bujinkan students in law enforcement, military, etc; who have used their training successfully. And as for your "hundreds of years ago" comment, Takamatsu sensei (Hatsumi sensei's teacher) used his skills in several conflicts. Was math a tough subject for you...? ;)

Jeff
actually it was, thanks for asking!:eek: was that an intended insult from a mod? i thought that wasn't allowed... maybe they have changed the rules since i was a mod.:idunno:

so takamatsu used it when he was young in china right? so ninjutsu was practiced in china? sojobow was right!:asian:

alot has changed in the last 100-150 yrs. so is it effective in the modern day world?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Enson said:
actually it was, thanks for asking!:eek: was that an intended insult from a mod? i thought that wasn't allowed... maybe they have changed the rules since i was a mod.:idunno:
No, the rules are the same.

so takamatsu used it when he was young in china right? so ninjutsu was practiced in china? sojobow was right!:asian:
I think I missed something somewhere. Practicing an art in a particular location does not change it's nationality. Unless one believes that Hockey is really Canadian Kendo?

alot has changed in the last 100-150 yrs. so is it effective in the modern day world?
I think that was answered in the affirmative.

M

MisterMike

Enson said:
after seeing a documentary on the samurai... it said that their knowledge of war fair wasn't needed anymore in the modern world... it go me thinking:

if hatsumi has not fighting/combat experience... and he is only passing on a "battle tested art" from hundreds of years ago... how effective is budo taijutsu in the modern world?

I don't think the documentary was terribly accurate in their conclusions on warfare. That's a rather broad stroke of the brush.

Budo Taijutsu, being a term to encapsulate what Hatsumi Sensei teaches today, is very applicable. Individuals are faced with conflict every day.

Bester

<font color=blue><B>Grand UberSoke, Sith-jutsu Ryu
Reaction score
Gents,
No matter what you reply, unless you say "Yes, it is ineffective. Hatsumi just cannot hang", he will ignore you, your evidence, etc. He is incapable of understanding because he is a koolaid drinking member of the Rick Tew "I Love Yew" school of "NinjItsew Marital Science and Marketing". (See Horror Stories Forum for the real scoop de-poop on UberNinja Dux student Tew)

His own instructor was pretty much confirmed to be all hype, and so he now seeks revenge by trying to defame someone with easily 3 times the skill, experience and knowledge as his own "Sensei".

Just place him on Ignore. He's a DVD student. How much real knowledge can he impart, other than how to use the rewind?

Yes, I am not too fond of him, but thats because he abused his position as a moderator here to try and run me, and several other people off this board. People who have real training, not patty-cake in front of the VCR. His removal from the board staff probably saved the only legit instuctor in his "American Ninja" forum from permanently being paired up with a bunch of frauds.

I will see you all after my next vacation is over as I am certain the little bugger will RTM and whine away on my "vicious evil agenda attack". All I can say is thank god he is not a mod for I can now place him on "Ignore" so I do not have to read his tripe and spiteful behavior any more.

- Al.

Jeff Boler

Blue Belt
Reaction score
George Kohler said:
I thought I answered your question in the previous thread.

Sigh. It's funny that Enson would be discussing the conduct of other moderators in another post, yet the only thing that I see lacking in their abilities is the failure to see, or deal with, a neo-troll.

You could sit here and argue combat effectiveness until you are blue in the face. You aren't looking for proof. You are looking for something that will continue to fuel your dislike of the Bujinkan, or anyone with a legitimate history to Japan. That's why questions about your own Sensei's background, history, and abilities continue to go unanswered. (By you, and your Sensei)

If you have question about the abilities of Bujinkan members, or of Hatsumi himself, I would say that the only place you are going to find your answer is inside a Bujinkan dojo. You are not going to find the true answer here, nor are you going to find the answer YOU WANT TO HEAR either.

After the closing of one thread already, what do you hope to gain by opening another?

OP
E

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Bester said:
Just place him on Ignore. He's a DVD student. How much real knowledge can he impart, other than how to use the rewind?.
you know you tell people over and over how you train and that is all they get... funny how even hayes said they would record the stuff in the early days so they could practice it at home. (i do hsp, club, seminars)anyway...
i'm sure there are plenty of students here that just practice with a dvd and are not part of a club or go to any seminars... i still consider them martial artist and respect them.
your hatred is oozing.:eek:

Bester

Reaction score
gmunoz said:
Here we go again!
No, because I refuse to battle unarmed combatants. That "honor" thing most "moderns" find so distasteful.

OP
E

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
George Kohler said:
I thought I answered your question in the previous thread.
like i said before... sparring in judo doesn't count. you might want to go post that in the judo section. sounds interesting.:asian:

Bester

Reaction score
Enson said:
funny how even hayes said they would record the stuff in the early days so they could practice it at home. (i do hsp, club, seminars)anyway...
Yes, their sessions with legitimate instructors, to watch and practice material that they had seen and felt hands on with the legitimate instructor.

Not just Sensei VCR and Soke TV

i'm sure there are plenty of students here that just practice with a dvd and are not part of a club or go to any seminars... i still consider them martial artist and respect them.
I respect the majority of them, the ones who understand the place of their materials and do not try to pass them off as somehow superior to hands on training.

Your hatred is oozing.:eek:
No, that is my nose. I seem to have a bit of a cold.

Bester

Reaction score
Enson said:
like i said before... sparring in judo doesn't count. you might want to go post that in the judo section. sounds interesting.:asian:
Ok, I have sparred a few TKD black belts.
Beaten them easily.

So, does that prove anything?

Kizaru

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Bester said:
People who have real training, not patty-cake in front of the VCR..
Hey now, I LIKE playing patty-cake....especially with Jessica Rabbit!

JessicaPattyCakeLounge.jpg

B

Blind

Enson said:
If you read through again George wasn't just talking about Judo(I think), Hatsumi has in his past been challenged, and those challenges weren't just about who could get the most points.

Please stop posting on this topic, you really don't help yourself doing so, past history or whatever it has been said over and over. Just go back to jumping around with your black gi on and climbing rocks(if you can leave the computer and TV-I can't)

Reactions: MJS

Latest Discussions