Earthquake In Chile In Pictures

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
For an 8.8 earthquake a large portion of the buildings survived. A stark contrast to the economics between this country and Haiti. Economics in being able to afford stronger, newer buildings with earthquake proof designs. True many buildings and bridges were destroyed but an earthquake of THIS magnitude the devastation would've been much worse. Still the photos speak for themselves. Some graphic (blacked out content) photos to be viewed at your discretion.
http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/02/earthquake_in_chile.html

72ronin

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I have also heard that it slightly altered the Earths axis!! GULP..

72ronin

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, it was reported during one of our (Australia) major stations news reports!!

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Talking about distrust... we had an Earthquake here in Illinois in the past couple weeks... and someone told me that Firmilabs here is shooting particles thru the earth to Sweden... and its destabilizing teh planet.

I have my Tin foil hat, do you?

72ronin

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Talking about distrust... we had an Earthquake here in Illinois in the past couple weeks... and someone told me that Firmilabs here is shooting particles thru the earth to Sweden... and its destabilizing teh planet.

I have my Tin foil hat, do you?

Oh really, Sounds like he's the one shooting something across the room!...

"Tin foil hat" ! What do you do with that may i ask??
Wow, i love Americans, so entertaining with all their bizzare stories coming out of that country.. Never a dull moment hey. hahaha :)

Latest Discussions