Duplicate posts

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Do you hit the submit button more then once? Does is seems to stall?

I have noticed that when it seems to stall and I hit the button again I get a duplicate post.

Best to right click, select all and copy then close the window and check. Sometimes the post is actually there. If it isn't, then I resubmit it.

Could that be happening?

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Lisa said:
Best to right click, select all and copy then close the window and check. Sometimes the post is actually there. If it isn't, then I resubmit it.

Good advice.

SL - I RTM'ed a single post 6 times because I thought it wasn't working, LOL. Go take a look at "Thrown Threads" and Closed Reports. You'll find thre or more thrown RTM's and two closed tickets from the same RTM!

OP
S

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ah...yes, that's probably what is happening. I hit the submit button, nothing happens. Hit the Back button, and try again. Duplicate post. Oops. There still seems to be a lag, though.

I'll just do what you do in the future, if the system lags again. Thanks!

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Happens to the best of us. I agree, sometimes there is a lag. :)

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There are about 4 times during the day that the system will have a bit of lag, due to backups running, etc. (Remember, the database is over a Gig in size, add that to the files, and we're dumping 3GB twice a day. It beats up the system a bit.)

I'll be scheduling some major maint work next week for the site, once the M&G is done, see what I can tweak.