Dr. Gyi Seminar October 1st, 2005 (Possibly his Last in New York)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Is this the same Dr. Gyi that was busted as a fake?

A link to the story
http://www.pownetwork.org/phonies/phonies33.htm

Short version:
April 25, 2003 Federal Investigator's visited Gyi....

• At 12:15 he knocked on Gyi's door
  • Gyi is told anything he says can and will be used against him. Lying to the Federal Investigator is and will be a federal offense
  • Gyi is questioned about impersonating a military officer. He distracts by having the investigator watch VIDEO tapes of his "accomplishments" as a martial artist!
  • Gyi is asked first to provide copies of his diplomas from various colleges, Gyi did show a certificate from OU on his PhD. When asked to produce a diploma from Georgetown, Gyi could not and would not do it, nor would he produce any types of documents from the CIA or any military branch.
  • Originally Gyi would not acknowledge that he had actually worn the uniform and denied the photo on this web site was him.
  • Eventually, Gyi did admit he was pretending to be someone in the military and that he gave the investigator his word it wouldn't happen again!

The Synopsis
Gyi4.jpg

As a result of an international search on the birthday of Gyi (and his other names) his DOB records in the United States, drivers license and place of employment - Ohio University, show 1936. That would make him approximately 7 years old in 1943 and 10 years in 1945 when the Japanese surrendered. He was a child during the time he makes his claims of fighting the Japanese in World War II. Gyi's very own personal Asian high school yearbook and Asian researched records show a birth date in 1933. This would make him 10 years old in 1943 and 12 years old when the Japanese surrendered in 1945. Still, he would still be child during the War he claims to have fought in. Internationally researched prisoner of war records have never once documented Gyi (and his other names) as having been captured or becoming a prisoner of war, in any war, certainly a requirement for his alleged rehabilitation in American military hospitals in Okinawa. POW records are meticulously keep by The US and British/Gurkha militaries, among most militaries of the world.

British/Gurkha military records researchers cannot find Gyi (or any of his other names) as having ever served in the Gurkha army.

US Military records show no record of Gyi or (any of his other names) serving with, being attached or affiliated with any branch of the United States Armed Forces, certainly not with the Marines as he has claimed. He in fact claimed an attachment to the 3rd Marine Division in the Korean. The 3rd Division did not serve in the Korean War.

United Nations Archives and Training sections have no record of Gyi (or any of his other names) having served with their forces in any capacity, nor is he on record for officially training any United Nations troops.

Even claims of his schooling - with replies like " I do not have a record that any person with the names below was enrolled at Georgetown Law" from the Director of Office Services, Office of the Registrar, Georgetown University Law Center bring his claims of numerous degrees into question.

Biographies and records of Gyi (then in his late forties) report that he was in Ohio teaching his Bando and other subjects in 1967 and there after when so many of Gyi reported claims on his involvement with the Vietnam War were said to have occurred.

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
More.........

DATE OF BIRTH records in the United States,
drivers license and place of employment - Ohio University, show 1936.

WWII -- December 7, 1941 - December 31, 1946
Korea -- June 25, 1950 - July 27, 1953
Vietnam 1964-1973 (or 59-75)
Falklands - April - May 1982
His Military Timeline Tale

• WWII - Served as a Youth Ghurka in Burma during WWII ... then served in the first Long Range Penetration Patrol he says he served with MARS GROUP, 1360 COMPOSITE GROUP, MERRILL'S MARAUDERS...
  • At the early age of 13 he joined the Boy's Companies and later transferred to the 9th and 10th Burma Gurkha Regiment.
  • Dr. Gyi was conscripted into military service at the age of 16, as a medic and infantryman
  • 9 March 1942. On that day I decided to join a field ambulance unit....
  • I joined my brother's unit, the 1/10 Gurkha Regiment, in May 1942...
  • I do remember Gyi in tears as he described how the Japanese tortured & killed his brothers, and left their heads on poles at the POW camp, as a message to any would be Allied sympathizers. They supposedly also castrated his father, U Ba Than Gyi. [SEE FACTS]
  • KOREA - CLAIMS THAT HE WAS THEN TRANSFERRED TO THE U.S. MARINES 3RD DIVISION AND FOUGHT ALONG WITH THEM AT THE CHOSIN.
  • VIETNAM - AS HE IS A STUDENT-INTEGRATOR-BURMESE LINGUIST WORKING OUT OF THE BURMESE EMBASSY (1962-1965). CLAIMS THEN THAT HE WAS SENT TO NAM AS A SERGEANT IN THE US 3RD DIVISION MARINES AND WORKED IN THE PHOENIX PROGRAM, THEN WORKED AS AN AGENT FOR THE CIA TO FIND POW, HE CLAIMS HE WALKED FROM BURMA TO CHINA AND FOUND MANY US POWS BUT COULDN'T GET OUT A MESSAGE CAUSE HIS RADIO WOULD NOT WORK. AGAIN HE IS CAPTURED SOMEWHERE IN 1967 AND ESCAPED FROM 2 N. VIETNAMESE POW CAMPS.
  • "I was captured after a firefight with the VC, most of my group was wiped out it was horrible, man! I ran a group of American convicts they were called the Misfits and the government gave them to me to train and whip into a fighting force. We were mercenaries who worked in the Phoenix program. ... I tried to hide after the fight and they captured me. I was forced to walk for days to a camp and was beaten by the villagers. The camp was deep in the mountains and I was in such bad shape. The VC beat me and... tortured me many times, man ... I ... almost died. I was forced to eat bugs and they starved me. Then one day the VC traded me in a prisoner exchange. "
  • Gyi claimed in front of the seminar attendees that he trained Gurkha's for the Falkland Islands War in the early 1980's. Another person said he was told by Gyi, not in front of the crowd, that Gyi had several confirmed knife kills in the Falklands War. Another was told that Gyi's "son" had confirmed knife kills in the Falklands.
Fiction Based on fact: Another Timeline

• Born March 1936
  • After the war he studied at Mussorie and Darjeeling and later at the London School of Economics
  • 1947: Transferred from Methodist High School
  • Date of Admission to Woodstock: March 9, 1950
  • Gyi graduated in 1951 ... Last day of classes was Nov 30, '51.
  • DATE UNKNOWN... Having been graduated from the University of Rangoon, Burma, where he studied international affairs and law... [or]
  • ...found time to represent Burma as a lightweight boxer in the 1956 Olympics in Melbourne, Australia.
  • [or] see date unknown above!
  • Dr. Gyi moved to the United States in 1959.
  • In 1960 he moved to Washington, D.C....
  • he organized the first Bando club in America at the American University in 1963
  • Gyi completed graduate studies in the mid-1960s at Georgetown University's law school and at the University of Maryland...
  • He then was hired by Ohio University in 1966...
  • During an initiation ceremony held in 1968 at Ohio University, Gyi and his senior bando students.... A year earlier, Gyi had created a bando club and a boxing team for OU students and took on the duties of chief instructor of each.
  • ...Ohio University in 1966. (He received his doctorate there in 1970)...
  • retired from there in '96
FACTS
  • There were never any Ghurkas with the Marauders or Mars Task Force
  • The name does not appear in the Regimental History for 10th Gurkha Rifles
  • Chosin Reservoir - battle was end of November, early December 1950
  • There was no 3rd Marine Division (or Regiment) in Korea. The 1st Marine Division (Reinforced) was the USMC element in the Korean War.
  • "As you all now Grand Master U Ba Than Gyi, Dr. Gyi's father has passed away. He was over 80 years old and had lived a long and full life." (Bando Newsletter, early 70's)
  • The Gurkha units did not participate in Falklands war and were on ships in route when the war ended. A few Gurkhas did indeed go ashore AFTER
    the Falkland war.

On October 14, the NETWORK received the F180 (request for military records) back from St. Louis. Having had Gyi's social security number, and noting ALL THREE names, the records center could not locate ANY military record and requested the EXACT name he served under to proceed further. [note: records ARE cross referenced by SS# - aka's and a correct social security number HAVE located the correct records in the past.] Therefore, we must assume, NO record will be found.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This thread has been split the other part is in The Great Debate

Mod Warning
Keep to the topic of the seminar

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
tshadowchaser said:
This thread has been split the other part is in The Great Debate

Mod Warning
Keep to the topic of the seminar
Since Hartman and Bob Hubbard are connected in some way by Arnis and me posting that information about Hartman’s friend Gyi that has been proven to have made many fraudulent claims probably just stomped on a lot of toes here on MT

However, I think it is only fair to inform people that might consider attending and paying for that seminar what kind of person is giving it.

I mean I certainly would not want to go to a seminar that was given by someone who claimed all sorts of “war hero” stuff and never served a day in the military.

can you at least post a link to hwere it was moved to?

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
RRouuselot said:
Since Hartman and Bob Hubbard are connected in some way by Arnis and me posting that information about Hartman’s friend Gyi that has been proven to have made many fraudulent claims probably just stomped on a lot of toes here on MT

Whoa RRouuselot!!!

Bob was not a part of the decision to split this thread nor did Mr. Hartman go through any back doors in order for this thread to be split. Any member can report a post to staff that they have concerns about. MT also has a seperate area named, "The Great Debate", to handle questions credibility claims.

MT has a dedicated admin and moderator staff who strive to follow and enforce the posted and published policies and guidelines of MartialTalk.

Therefore, I think that the insinuation against Mr. Hartman and Bob are unfounded and untrue and needs to be retracted.

Best regards,

Harold R. Evans
Speaking as a MT member

Reactions: MJS
OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Palusut said:
Whoa RRouuselot!!!

Bob was not a part of the decision to split this thread nor did Mr. Hartman go through any back doors in order for this thread to be split. Any member can report a post to staff that they have concerns about. MT also has a seperate area named, "The Great Debate", to handle questions credibility claims.

MT has a dedicated admin and moderator staff who strive to follow and enforce the posted and published policies and guidelines of MartialTalk.

Therefore, I think that the insinuation against Mr. Hartman and Bob are unfounded and untrue and needs to be retracted.

Best regards,

Harold R. Evans
Speaking as a MT member

Whoa yourself….
Did I say the split was due to Hartman and Bob?
No, I did not.
You’re reading things into my post that aren’t there. Therefore I will retract nothing.
I merely stated that since they are connected to Gyi it might have stepped on their (and a few other people’s)toes.
And then I went on to state why I posted the information about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.